VLC 0.9.x External Player Plugin (3 Viewers)

dorijan

Portal Pro
November 30, 2006
Home Country
Croatia Croatia

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello
    Did you try with the MP 1.1 alpha version ?
    An IP-TV Server is included inside by mikeyko, now.

dorijan

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    nope...its not working either...
    and this plugin is not working with 1.1 alpha version...
    when you enable it and want to configre it shows unhandled exception something about not able to detect os...

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    You talk about VLC 0.9 plugin wich doesn't work ?
    If it's case, I already fixed the "not able to detect os..." message for MP 1.1.
    But sadly, the OSD is broken.

dorijan

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    hm...it does not work for me
    I got videolan plugin Version : 1.1 (from the start of this thread)
    I even tried to uninstall it, and I got error invalid package (?!) :)
    is there a patch or something?
    thank you

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

Sorry, not for the moment.
    The VLC 0.9 plugin that you can download on the MP website is for MP 1.0.2 version.
    MP 1.1 is a test version.
    And unluckily, the next VLC plugin version (if any) could not be MP 1.0.2 version compliant.

Bye.

Miranda

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I love this plugin :D

But when I stop viewing a film in the middle for example, it don't always ask to play back again from this middle point. I can't explain why sometimes it work and sometimes not.

Now I can explain why sometimes it works => it's when I shut down MP with ALT-F4 when still playing the film then it remembers the last time of viewing (but it's very anoying to have to do this everytime I have to interrupt a film :()

Just For Your Info, it works with VLC 1.0.1

caboose

August 28, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I would love to know how you got it working. I've installed the plugin, I have all of my settings set up correctly to include the filetype I want to use. I've even previewed the files I want to play in the VLC previewer and it all works fine!

BUT when I go to play in MediaPortal, and select the same file I was able to preview, MediaPortal freezes. The whole screen darkens slightly and then does nothing. The thing is, I've even tried to use vlc as an external player, and it does the same thing, freezes and does not open the player. I think the problem might be the filetype I'm trying to play from: .vob

I assumed if I can play it in VLC, as well as the previewer, MediaPortal should not interrupt. But somehow MediaPortal is doing a magnificent job of not allowing that to happen. All I want is MediaPortal to be a nice interface that then hands off the playing of files to VLC. It is such a headache for such a seemingly simple thing (I know I know, it's way more complicated than I could ever imagine...)

I've tried this using VLC and Mediaportal versions 1.02 and 1.1RC1 seperately.:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom