Wake On Lan (WOL) feature inside MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    i prefer the second

Agree.

The empty dialog comes from the missing language strings. I have attached the xml.

Maybe an small issue :
    in mpconfig file, the name of shared folder, is in lowercase , the name should be in capital letter ?

Can be. ;)

Attachments

• strings_en.xml
      112.6 KB · Views: 79

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    @regeszter : what do you think to call Plugin dev, for try this enhancement in them own plugin ?

and speak with you, what is missing for using as " API" ?

PS : about the timeout dialog, it's close the dialog when detect by ping the server , but display an empty list, because the (my) server is not ready for share his storage. ( start only, and must be initialized ... so the hardware ok with ping, but the share is not on network)
    can you add an small time (3-5 sec) after server was pinged succesfully ? same issue for enter in Listview & titleview, like as before, setting inside config.

Thanks

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    can you add an small time (3-5 sec) after server was pinged succesfully ?

Let's try in the next release.

what do you think to call Plugin dev, for try this enhancement in them own plugin ?
    and speak with you, what is missing for using as " API" ?

I think we should to split this development half in two. In the 1st part I will make the wol feature in the core plugins. It the sendond part I will make an API for external plugins.

(2013.12.30) Setup-MediaPortal-git-1.6.0.6.zip
    • Show the stored MAC address in configure.exe
    • Show a dialog if the server is not available and return to the root folder.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    (2013.12.30) Setup-MediaPortal-git-1.6.0.7.zip
    • Wait Timeout after WOL in configure.exe
    • Show a progressbar and wait after the successful WOL until wait time, default is 0.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    sans-titre-png.141621

it's better now ? :cool:

I don't want to close it automatically.

oh !!! why ? (i have no pinion about this, but i'm very lazy :barefoot: )

Users who are viewing this thread