Wake On Lan (WOL) feature inside MediaPortal (3 Viewers)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi,

Can someone give us any feedback? We need more test before we include this to 1.7 Pre-Release.

Thx.

dvgeek

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2013
    SF Bay Area, California
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @regeszter - I can vouch for the 1.6.0.8 version, as I have not been able to get my client going on 1.6.0.9 due to Argus client issues.

I could probably do a test install of 1.6.0.9 on another machine without the Argus client and test out only the WOL functionality?

Will post tomorrow on results.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Not required. The argus needs an update if you want to use with 1.7 Pre-Release.

Is the 1.6.0.8 working well? Any issue?

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    i have tested one time this feature in MP1.7 Pre (3 or 4 build), and for me working.
    i can test it more, this evening. with delay when my nas shutdown or go to sleep after use. and look if MP detect the sleep and re-send the WOL packet.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    regeszer Please let the Argus developers know what they need to do to be compatible with MP 1.7. They'll appreciate the spared angst :)

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have some improvement suggestions for this feature.
    In the Edit Folder configuration:
    =MediaPortal_Configuration_-_Videos_-_Video_Folders_-_Edit.PNG

1. The "Enable Wake On Lan" checkbox is disabled when typing in the Media folder / optical disk drive textbox. Even if I write "\\server\videos".
    2. Why do we need both "Enable Wake On Lan" and "Learn MAC addresses now" buttons? Do you need to enable WOL without learning the MAC address? I think a possible problem currently is that a user might enable WOL and click OK without pressing the Learn button which means WOL will not work, right? My suggestion is to replace the "Learn MAC addresses now" button with a label showing the discovered MAC address and automatically run the learn function when the user enables WOL :)
    3. String id="1991" - "Please wait until the server is waking up" should probably be replaced by something like "Waking up the server. Please wait".
      =MediaPortal_-_Videos_-_The_server_is_waking_up.png
    4. There's plenty of space below this text so there's no need to cut the text in half to scroll it horizontically. Or maybe this is a limitation of the dialog that it cannot break lines?
    5. Offline icons for Titan skin, please :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom