WALL-E Region B BluRay disc playing issues (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I am guessing that the 8300 is missing some 'functionality'...
    Yes, that's another very reasonable possibility.
    It'd be nice to know for sure what the issue/requirement is so that we could say "if you want to play BR then GPU with minimum capabilities X, Y and Z is required". For now I'm not familiar enough with the libbluray/BDReader code to be able to make that determination.

I tried to run LAV + EVR + 8300 with DXVA disabled (log file attached) - no background image to language menu, and interlaced lines in place of menu text.
    Okay, so I guess it's not a DXVA issue then. Thanks for checking. :)
    (I asked because as I recall, DXVA used to make a difference for DVD menus sometimes.)

Now 'all' I have to do is sort out why the A/V sync with the GT710 is very hit and miss and I'll be in business (plenty of threads here for me to work through (y))
    The only tip I can offer on this front is: make sure you don't have sync correction enabled in both LAV audio and MPAR if using both together.

As time allows, I'm still looking into the previous MadVR log files you've provided. I'll let you know if I find anything worth testing.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is the 'x' key a special keyboard shortcut/hotkey for madVR?
    Ahhhh, I understand.

First 'x' is to exit full screen video.
    Second 'x' is to enter full screen video again.
    :rolleyes:

This is quite a hack! :(
    Is there really no better way?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @Sebastiii
    It looks like Chris is right about this:

Each time he presses a key, the log shows:
    g_Player.Process() - restore madVR rendering GUI

Does this code come from you or your friend?
    MediaPortal-1/g_player.cs at master · MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1 · GitHub

Is the 'x' key a special keyboard shortcut/hotkey for madVR?

It's me but it's only trigger (if i'm not wrong) after a delay, in fact what can happen is this :
    When something get/looks freezed, a 'X' key resolve this (an horrible hack), it can happen most of the time for TV (when signal is lost or something) MP get in freezed state with madVR in use, then doing the 'X' key permit to get back OSD etc.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ahhhh, I understand.

First 'x' is to exit full screen video.
    Second 'x' is to enter full screen video again.
    :rolleyes:

This is quite a hack! :(
    Is there really no better way?

My hope will be to fix that in better way, because i would ride of this for sure.

The main issue that we get with madVR is a deadlock is resize videowindow is trigger in non MP main thread, so i have created an event to try to always send video change in mp main thread, but this lead to some background issue like xml not being loaded directly, some delay to have the change done (mini video window vs fullscreen etc.) :(

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Shame on me, i don't even know how to provide the github link (this is why most of the time you will see screenshot or pasted code).
    I'm not sure that the latest change are in pre-release but more on madVR V4 branch. (because i have done changes there) :p
    But to summarize, i'm using an message thread and is trigger in MP Main thread after that :
    case GUIMessage.MessageType.GUI_MSG_ONVIDEOWINDOWCHANGED :p

chris123

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes, that's another very reasonable possibility.
    It'd be nice to know for sure what the issue/requirement is so that we could say "if you want to play BR then GPU with minimum capabilities X, Y and Z is required". For now I'm not familiar enough with the libbluray/BDReader code to be able to make that determination.

Finding spec information on such old hardware is tricky, and I'm not sure what I am looking for. Driver wise for the 8300 I was using the latest Nvidia 342.01 drivers, whilst for the 200M I am using the Windows 10 Microsoft basic graphics driver, so I guess it is hardware spec rather than driver capability that is key.

If anyone knows what to look for the best info I can find on the 8300 is here:

Nvidia's GeForce 8300 chipset

and for the 200M is here:

ATi RADEON XPRESS 200 Series: AMD Platform Chipsets | HotHardware

As time allows, I'm still looking into the previous MadVR log files you've provided. I'll let you know if I find anything worth testing.

Thanks - if there is anything else you or Sebastiii want me to test I'd be happy to help.

Cheers

Chris

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom