Webbrowser: FirefoxIntegrator (1 Viewer)

JO212

Portal Member
February 25, 2009
I have another problem. Starting Firefox within Mediaportal works fine, but when I close or minimize it (with "h"), the Mediaportal screen does not show up again but is minimized in the task bar. If I run Medfiaportal in window mode it works fine and Mediaportal is not minimized.Also, when Firefox was opened before starting Mediaportal, it works. So only when Mediaportal was started in fullscreen mode and Firefox was started afterwards from within Mediaportal the problem occurs. Any idea? :confused:

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi zunixnuz,

I have a question. Is it possible to use the arrows on the MCE remote to controle the mouse? (and OK is left mouse)

THanks in advance for your reply.

lobes

Portal Member
February 24, 2009
newb here. i want to add this to my basic home screen but where can i find the hyperlink at? thanks in advance

EDIT: Found it. Im an idiot. Great plugin by the way. I just wish it would open a seperate browser instead of bringing in the one I have running outside of MP. is that possible?

ThePlayerPPC

Portal Pro
November 10, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I still can't use/start FF3 from MP. And i need help with the configuration of Multishortcut and FFIntegrator plugins.
What is missing here in the config on these pictures?

Attachments

• mpshort.jpg
    mpshort.jpg
    33 KB
  • ffint.jpg
    ffint.jpg
    66.7 KB

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
December 23, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
I have another problem. Starting Firefox within Mediaportal works fine, but when I close or minimize it (with "h"), the Mediaportal screen does not show up again but is minimized in the task bar. If I run Medfiaportal in window mode it works fine and Mediaportal is not minimized.Also, when Firefox was opened before starting Mediaportal, it works. So only when Mediaportal was started in fullscreen mode and Firefox was started afterwards from within Mediaportal the problem occurs. Any idea? :confused:

:sorry: ...i don't have an idea!

Hi zunixnuz,
I have a question. Is it possible to use the arrows on the MCE remote to controle the mouse? (and OK is left mouse)
THanks in advance for your reply.

Theoretical it is possible, but with my remote (iMON) the navigation arrows are mapped to the keys up/down/left/right.
So with this i am able to scroll up/down or left/right on the shown webpage, very useful if you have zoomed in.
Because of this i will not change this in FirefoxIntegrator but the AutoHotkey source file is included so you can change this to your needs ;)

...I just wish it would open a seperate browser instead of bringing in the one I have running outside of MP. is that possible?

If you mean, you want a different configured browser, different bookmarks, etc... you can create an additional Firefox profile
with the command "firefox.exe -ProfileManager".
After that, add in your FirefoxIntegrator shortcut configuration the Argument "-P NameOfYourNewProfile".
More informations about Firefox command line arguments: Command line arguments - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

I still can't use/start FF3 from MP. And i need help with the configuration of Multishortcut and FFIntegrator plugins.

Multishortcut plugin was updated some weeks ago so first i thought maybe this is your problem,
but now i have tested it with the actual version (see screenshot) and it also works fine.
You don't need to configure something at "MultiShort00", this is only a shortcut which was created from
MultiShortcut00.dll which you can use (or copy it to a new filename) to create some other shortcuts or delete it.
I have seen, that you don't use the default path for MediaPortal this will give you also problems with FirefoxIntegrator!
=>
Installation instructions:
1) Firefox (Version 3) and MediaPortal have to be installed in their default directories

Attachments

• FirefoxIntegratorShortcutConfig.jpg
    FirefoxIntegratorShortcutConfig.jpg
    25.5 KB

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
December 23, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria

I made some test's and could reproduce your problem:
Multishortcut Plugin seems to be have problems, if there exists Multishortcuts which are not configured!
So please delete your MultiShortcut00.dll (and maybe existing copies with new names which are not configured)
from your /plugins/windows/ directory and run dllfix.exe again.

userjan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 14, 2008
    USA, Greeneville, TN
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    zunixnuz ...

Have you considerd to add the "Mouseless Browsing" addon to it ?

The keyboard on our remote controles would act perfect to quick jump links with this addon, it would mean tho, you have to reserve the numbers on the remote (0 to 9) for this addon or add a extra togle (like in easyKC: off mode/ keyboard mode/ mouse mode) we could benefit from this fast way of jumping trough pages...

The mouseless browsing could do the main navigation in the webpage quickly and with ease trough a remote, with your shortcuts for the extra actions like bookmarks, home etc and the mouse and keyboard functions adition, it would be the perfect way to browse pages inside MP with a remote control.

Not sure if it's a easy thing to do tho......

Anyway, ThX for the plug :)

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/879

mouseless & more - Home

Attachments

• mouselessbrowsing.JPG
      mouselessbrowsing.JPG
      165 KB

dthomson39

Portal Member
    January 2, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It may be that the answer to my problem is in this forum but can someone point me in the right direction....
    When running firefox via MP it works fine other than certain keyboard characters not being displayed as I type eg r. y,p etc and some do things that I know are about mapping functions such as mouse mode and returning to the home menu. All I want to do is to type into the browser so is there any way of simply turning off MP key actions when I am browsing?

Thanks for any advice

userjan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 14, 2008
    USA, Greeneville, TN
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It may be that the answer to my problem is in this forum but can someone point me in the right direction....
    When running firefox via MP it works fine other than certain keyboard characters not being displayed as I type eg r. y,p etc and some do things that I know are about mapping functions such as mouse mode and returning to the home menu. All I want to do is to type into the browser so is there any way of simply turning off MP key actions when I am browsing?

Thanks for any advice

This plug will give you keyboard and mouse functionality trough your remote inside and out MP: MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - RemoteKC for MCE-Remote

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom