WebGrab+Plus a new xmltv grabber (4 Viewers)

tgljameesuk

September 5, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Jan,

Thanks for a great program. I've always had a lot of "The connection was closed unexpectedly" messages in the console with mydigiguide.com but the delayed retries have normally worked so this hasn't been a show stopper until 1.1.0. 1.1.0 doesn't seem to add any delay time between each of the retries - the retries for 10, 20, 30 (etc) seconds pass without delay. Config attached - just in case it helps.

Thanks
James

Attachments

• WebGrab++.config.xml
    34.9 KB
Last edited:

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Well i got this to generate a channel.xml which i copied to the Config file and it generated a guide.xml with the channels but no program data what did i miss?

I got this working. it seems TVguide.com had changed it format and that is what was causing the problem.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    is there a "minimum user interaction" method for us PC stoopid ppl? Like, Install, run, choose site (from drop-down list), enter zip, enter provider (like OTA), press ENTER. Then have it all done for you. :confused:

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    is there a "minimum user interaction" method for us PC stoopid ppl? Like, Install, run, choose site (from drop-down list), enter zip, enter provider (like OTA), press ENTER. Then have it all done for you. :confused:
    Not that I know of. If you let me know your zip code, I could make some screen grabs and show you how to find the srvid and then there are some extra instructions for tvguide.com to come up with a .ini file (for use with WebGrap+Plus).

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    Personally i'll be going back to mc2xlm as WebGrap+Plus doesn't show a lot of the series episode names on some of the local channels that i use, the network ones all seem to be there but not the local channel ones.

WG++Maker

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2010
    La Gomera, Canary Islands
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi Jan,

Thanks for a great program. I've always had a lot of "The connection was closed unexpectedly" messages in the console with mydigiguide.com but the delayed retries have normally worked so this hasn't been a show stopper until 1.1.0. 1.1.0 doesn't seem to add any delay time between each of the retries - the retries for 10, 20, 30 (etc) seconds pass without delay. Config attached - just in case it helps.

Thanks
    James

Hi James,

I didn't realise something was changed with the time-out and delay handling in V1.1.0 until I ran your config.
    Please give me a couple of days to repair it.

It would be the easiest if you send me an email to keep contact. My mail address is on the cover of the documentation
    http://www.servercare.nl/Docs/Documentation.V1.0.9.pdf

WG++Maker .. Jan

WG++Maker

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi Jan,

Thanks
    James

Hi James,

I didn't realise something was changed with the time-out and delay handling in V1.1.0 until I ran your config.
    Please give me a couple of days to repair it.

It would be the easiest if you send me an email to keep contact. My mail address is on the cover of the documentation
    http://www.servercare.nl/Docs/Documentation.V1.0.9.pdf

WG++Maker .. Jan

Indeed , there was a silly 'tipo' in a piece of the code that I intended to rewrite that caused not to use the time-out time when "The connection was closed unexpectedly" message is returned from the http response.
    You can download the corrected program at http://www.servercare.nl/Docs/WebGrab+PlusV1.1.0MSI.rar

If you already installed V1.1.0 and want to keep the homefolder intact you can run setup.msi from the deploy folder. That will only upgrade the program and leave the rest as it is. If you want to reinstall the whole lot you must use install.bat as normal.

I have also reworked your config file. It listed a lot of ' +1' channel , that just have the same epg with a 1 hour offset. For these you can use 'time-offset' channels which don't regrab the data but just copies it with a timeoffset. Especially with mydigiguide this helps quite a bit to reduces the 'online' time.

hope everything ok ... WG++Maker ... Jan

Attachments

• WebGrab++.config.xml
      41.2 KB

Frantid

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    I'm still loving this grabber, thank you. I have to rework some of the Iceland files as they just changed the server layout again. I'll post the new ones soon

I do have a request. For some channels I can't get a guide from anywhere. Would it be possible to set up a method that would just enter 1 hour shows on the hour for the whole day with a default title for the hour show? It would help with doing manual records, so I could just record for that hour.

Thanks again.

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey there,
    two things, first i wanted to bring you attention to a post of mine a while back, would be great if you could think about it, or atleast, if you decide against it, tell me that ;) https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...a-new-xmltv-grabber.88425/page-13#post-851657

second, i use tvtv.de to grab the epg infos, and i saw that the genres werent fetched at all.
    i changed the line
    Code:
    category.scrub {multi|Categorie:</td>|target="tvtv_main">|</a>|</tr>}
    to
    Code:
    category.scrub {multi|Kategorie:</td>|target="tvtv_main">|</a>|</tr>}

and now it works, just wanted to let you now, so you can add it to you siteini pack =)

WG++Maker

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi, me again =).

I have another "small" request for you :), this time however it is more like a feature for the program instead of a parsing problem... ;). I will try to explain.

So in Germany, we have a channel called "Sky Bundesliga", which is a channel for our football league. During the week, when there is no game, they show older games and so on. But on weekends, when there are 5-9 games at the same time, they show all games live. They do this by showing these games on the channels "Sky Bundesliga 1" to "Sky Bundesliga 11", aswell as on "Sky Bundesliga" itself. If there is no live game, the channels 1-11 are offline. Same happens for other sports, where "Sky Sport 1" and "Sky Sport 2" are the too channels always on air, and if needed "Sky Sport 3" to "Sky Sport 13" get used too.
    However, these channels dont have their own channel at the tv sites like tvtv.de ot tvtoday.de. But both sites show these games in their epg of the main channel.

For example:
    http://www.tvtv.de/tvtv/index.vm?epgView=list&cgid=444&groupid=4&weekChannel=4118&lang=de
    or
    http://www.tvtoday.de/programm/?format=channel&date=14.03.2012&slotIndex=now&genre=all&channel=BULI
    Showing "Sky Bundesliga", if you look at Saturday at 14:30, you can see that they have listed all games, on this channel.

The way WebGrab+Plus works at the moment is, that it takes one of this programms and uses it, not sure though which it takes, if first or last.
    What would be great, is, if you could add the functunality that if there are more programs on the same timeslot on a channel, that it puts the other programs on other channels. these channels could be configured within the config file.

My idea would be like this:
    Code:
    <channel update="s" site="tvtv.de" site_id="4118" xmltv_id="Sky Bundesliga" alternate_channel1="Sky Bundesliga 1" alternate_channel2="Sky Bundesliga 2" ...>Sky Bundesliga</channel>

This then would resolve in, webgrab putting the first programm on the primary channel "Sky Bundesliga", the first duplicate on "Sky Bundesliga 1" and so on.

Im not sure though, if this kind of stuff is handled the same way in other countries, or if it is a "german problem".

Maybe you can think about it.
    Thanks a lot

I fear it's a 'German Only' issue, and not easy to solve. But I will give it a thought and see if I can do something.

Give me some time , I'll come back on it.

WG++Maker ... Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom