WebGrab+Plus a new xmltv grabber (3 Viewers)

dihoff

Portal Pro
October 29, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
I have this now up and running for the full seven days for all available Free to Air and Foxtel channels in Melbourne Australia(153 channels). Works like a charm! For those interested I have attached my config and .ini files to save a little hassle so if you are in Melbourne just delete the ones you don't want.

this is really great WG++Maker and redeye19987! what a shame that yourtv.com.au no longer contains the Series and Episode information it once did, otherwise this would be a complete solution!

i've had a hunt around just now and i can't locate another Australian TV Guide source that does include those details, except for the Foxtel one, but i can't see that it includes the Free to Air data?

in any case, i'll keep looking. i'm optimistic that if i find another source that this could be used with WebGrab+Plus too!? i'm also hoping that yourtv will readd those details too!

cheers,

dh.

Last edited:

rag3

Portal Member
January 30, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,
thanks a lot for developing webgrab+plus! Just moved to mp for my htpc and really like your tool. The only thing I cannot figure out is why I have several gaps in the guide. I disabled all the skipping stuff for long/very short shows but this soes not seem to be the issue. Do you have a hint where I should have a look to find a solution? (using tv-spielfilm ini for all of my channels -> german ;))

cheers
rag3

rag3

Portal Member
January 30, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,
I have attached the files. Would be great to get this fixed :) Gaps exist on arbitrary channels at arbitrary times.

cheers
rag3

Attachments

• WebGrab++.config.xml
    15.4 KB

WG++Maker

Portal Pro
October 25, 2010
La Gomera, Canary Islands
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi rag3,

I ran your config (at least the first 14 channels of it) and got no problems. No time gaps.
What I noticed though from your logfile is that the xmltv input file had a lot of shows that needed updates mostly because of small start and stop time differences. That can be caused by two reasons: A major update of the epg data by tvsplielfilm.de or (unlikely) that your xmltv input file was made from another site (it's not from a prior run from another site, is it?). Anyhow , sometimes the differences are too numereous or too big for the incremental update mode of WG++ to correct in one run. In such a case , just run a second time in incremental mode (or sometime even a third time) , untill you see that most of the c, g, and r 's are gone.

If that doesn't help run once in mode f (or delete the xmltv file) to get a fresh start.

I noticed that you use mode s (smart). I personally think that is just a waste of grabbing time. That mode is a leftover of the mode that was used as a standard in the programs predesessor, WebGrab. I advice to just use mode i, it saves you a lot of time.

Do you use the output of the mdb postprocessor? If so, do you like it? If not, you know of course that you can can disable it ?

Attached the log , config and the xmltv from my run.

WG++Maker .. Jan

Attachments

• WebGrab++.config.xml
    30.6 KB

rag3

Portal Member
January 30, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,
thanks for your feedback. I was only using that one site. Will try with mode i and remove the xmltv file before the next run. If Mediaportal does not use mdb by default, i'm not using it :) Will have a look at it later... Unfortunately I cannot change the config till next weekend. Will keep you posted ;)

Cheers
rag3

Christoph21x

Portal Pro
January 31, 2009
Berne
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
== EDIT 2012-09-19: New Version 1.0.1 of SwapCat available under http://21x.eu/downloads/SwapCategory.html ==

Ok - solved the "multiple categories" for me: My EPG showed categeory information like "USA 2009" (especially coming from grabbed web sites like tvtoday.de, tvtv.* etc. - but maybe you encounter the same.
[...]

For SwapCat description, follow https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...a-new-xmltv-grabber.88425/page-18#post-884655

REVISION HISTORY
Version 1.0.1: Rebuild under MS Visual C++ 2010, eliminating exception when encapsulated category entries occur - which is not according to specification
Version 1.0: Initial Revision, MS Visual C++ 2005

Download: http://21x.eu/downloads/SwapCategory.html

Kind regards from Switzerland - Christoph

Last edited:

shummi

Portal Pro
February 24, 2010
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi Jan

Did you have a comment on this issue?

Hi Jan

I am fetching from ontv, and at http://ontv.dk/tv-guide/tv1000-classic
The latest program starts at 22:00 and next mornings program start at 8:00, so i have set <skip>12,1</skip> in config file.

So now all programs are in XML file, but the last program haven't any stop time, so it continue until next morning, actually it should stop at 23:59
Code:
  <programme start="20120721220000 +0200" stop="20120722080000 +0200" channel="Viasat Film Classic">
    <title lang="da">Red Dawn</title>

I am basically using the original ontv scrapper from pack 10, and i doesn't contain a stop param.
probably because i doesn't show on the index page.

I have tried to take it from the sub-page, but it doesn't work, is there another way to archive this?
Code:
stop.scrub {single()|<div class="content" id="content">| - | |</p>}

Thanks in advance /Shummi

shummi

Portal Pro
February 24, 2010
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi again

Yet some request.....

Different timespan for each channel
I grap for 14 days on 90 channels, but i dont need 14 days for all,
eg. sportschannel news etc.
would it be possible to define the timespan for each channel?
I cant use DVB grap in Mediaportal as it makes the TV server unstable
Find and replace/delete/move if element contains specific txt
Using ontv.dk I get an actorlist, but it includes the director, because it is inthe same format/block eg. Trespass's lists contains
director.png
Joel Schumacher
Instruktør

Nicolas Cage
Kyle Miller

Nicole Kidman
Sar

Is it possible to extract the item with content "Instruktør" and place it in the right element?

BR Jesper
PS. great improvement in 1.1.1

Hi Jan

Did you have a comment on this issue?

Hi Jan

I am fetching from ontv, and at http://ontv.dk/tv-guide/tv1000-classic
The latest program starts at 22:00 and next mornings program start at 8:00, so i have set <skip>12,1</skip> in config file.

So now all programs are in XML file, but the last program haven't any stop time, so it continue until next morning, actually it should stop at 23:59
Code:
  <programme start="20120721220000 +0200" stop="20120722080000 +0200" channel="Viasat Film Classic">
    <title lang="da">Red Dawn</title>

I am basically using the original ontv scrapper from pack 10, and i doesn't contain a stop param.
probably because i doesn't show on the index page.

I have tried to take it from the sub-page, but it doesn't work, is there another way to archive this?
Code:
stop.scrub {single()|<div class="content" id="content">| - | |</p>}

Thanks in advance /Shummi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom