WebGrab+Plus a new xmltv grabber (3 Viewers)

honeylaunebaer

Portal Member
August 11, 2010
Hey guys,

the HTPC @ my parents home had some issues lately with the webgrab++. While changing absolutly nothing, ist just stopped working and reported a corrupted xml file in the xmltv plugin and in Webgrab
WebGrab_error.jpg

I never created a .bat or something, which deletes the old tvguide.xml previous to grabbing new data cause in my opinion you lose the big advantage of an incremental update if you always delete the old tvguide.xml, so it takes again several hours to get new information.

I uploaded the old tvguide.xml here too.

when I just deleted this file, it started from scratch and everything seems to work so far (still in the progress of grabbing though)

I had this problem once several months back when I first tested WebGrab++ and switched back to DVB-EPG data because of that but was in the end totally annoyed by DVB-EPG data, so I gave it another try.

Do you guys need some more information?

thx a lot for looking into this!

Frantid

Portal Pro
October 11, 2008
Home Country
Iceland Iceland
Hey guys,

the HTPC @ my parents home had some issues lately with the webgrab++. While changing absolutly nothing, ist just stopped working and reported a corrupted xml file in the xmltv plugin and in Webgrab
View attachment 116578

I never created a .bat or something, which deletes the old tvguide.xml previous to grabbing new data cause in my opinion you lose the big advantage of an incremental update if you always delete the old tvguide.xml, so it takes again several hours to get new information.

I uploaded the old tvguide.xml here too.

when I just deleted this file, it started from scratch and everything seems to work so far (still in the progress of grabbing though)

I had this problem once several months back when I first tested WebGrab++ and switched back to DVB-EPG data because of that but was in the end totally annoyed by DVB-EPG data, so I gave it another try.

Do you guys need some more information?

thx a lot for looking into this!

I get this once and awhile. It seems to happen when a grab gets interrupted... my case by inadvertent restart.

I wish there was an option to have it automatically erase the bad one. I usually don't find the error until my guide has noticeable holes in it.

Last edited:

honeylaunebaer

Portal Member
August 11, 2010
totay it said again the new file was corrupted... I am not sure if someone restarted the PC, so I am grabbing alle the info again and will attach the corrupted file here

WG++Maker

Portal Pro
October 25, 2010
La Gomera, Canary Islands
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi honeylaunebaer and Frantid ,

sorry to hear you have this issue with a corrupted xmltv file.
For better understanding this:
WG++ updates the xmltv file only at very short periods at the end of each channel that is grabbed. It waits when for any reason the file is in use (some automatic PVR xmltv importers try to get access to this file). I can't think of any other reason that your file becomes corrupted than that WG++ is interrupted at that precise moment. There is little I can do about that.

I consider to add a repair routine though if its not to complicated.

WG++Maker .. Jan

WG++Maker

Portal Pro
October 25, 2010
La Gomera, Canary Islands
Home Country
Spain Spain

I have added an automatic xmltv repair function to the program, it wasn't that difficult! It will repair the most likely file curruptions that are caused by premature interruption of the program. It will recover the part of the xmltv that is still OK.

To get it ugrade get the latest build V1.1.1/39 with http://www.servercare.nl/Docs/patchexe.rar

WG++Maker .. Jan

Frantid

Portal Pro
October 11, 2008
Home Country
Iceland Iceland

muscles

Portal Member
July 15, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi tried the new grabber it's grabs tv guide for me channels from tvguide.co.uk and tvtv.co.uk (tried both lol) but same thing happens is that it dont seem get get the season and episode number's just the programme title thats all the site's where im getting the info from have the episode and season numbers so do i have to activate this process?

kev

honeylaunebaer

Portal Member
August 11, 2010

I have added an automatic xmltv repair function to the program, it wasn't that difficult! It will repair the most likely file curruptions that are caused by premature interruption of the program. It will recover the part of the xmltv that is still OK.

To get it ugrade get the latest build V1.1.1/39 with http://www.servercare.nl/Docs/patchexe.rar

WG++Maker .. Jan

Thank you! still it seems as I have more for you to work on...

WebGrab now crashes directly after startup. I haven't changed anything. maybe there is an incopability to xmltv plugin in Mediaportal and it destroys the file from time to time? deleting the tvguide.xml starts a new grabbing, so the error is gone.

I tried it with he latest patch and without (see attachments)

Merry Chrismas to you all

Attachments

• WebGrab_error_3.jpg
    WebGrab_error_3.jpg
    71.2 KB
  • WebGrab_error_4.jpg
    WebGrab_error_4.jpg
    79.8 KB
  • tvguide_2012_12_14_2.xml
    10.2 MB

shummi

Portal Pro
February 24, 2010
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Thanks for your contribution!

I have used some workaround because i can't get this to work as described at p26 in dokumentation:
title.modify {remove(notnull type=string)|: 'subtitle'} * removes the value of element sub-title in title after the colon : , which is also removed.
This only removes the colon, and not the rest of the string?, i have tried it on episode element with remove and substring to clean the "sæson" info.

That should work. To illustrate try this:

subtitle.modify {remove|'subtitle'} * clear subtitle for this test
subtitle.modify {addstart|This is the subtitle} * give subtitle a value
producer.modify {addstart|test : 'subtitle'} * add a composite string including the subtitle to producer
producer.modify {remove(debug type=string)|: 'subtitle'} * remove a part of the composite string including the subtitle

This will produce the following xmltv:
<sub-title lang="da">This is the subtitle</sub-title>
<producer>test</producer>

I am very interested to know where this didn't work, can yoou giveme an example?

Oh. one little thing i haven't solved: the description always ends with ( n ) or ( r ), and i cant find it anywhere on the host page, it is not a big issue, bus i am just curious where it comes from.

This is added by WG++ to indicate the update mode that produced the programme entry. Can be: ( c ) changed, ( r ) repair/replace ( g ) gab or ( n ) new
I , personally , like to know what produced the programme entry, but some users don't like it. You can get rid of it by adding n to <mode> in the config.

WG++Maker . . . Jan

HI Jan

Trying to improve my grap, I have seen this fault again.
I have attached all my config-files, for better understanding.

The problem I had was, that sometime actors are defined with a role and sometimes not
eg. <actor>Kristen Connolly - Dana</actor>
<actor>Chris Hemsworth - Curt</actor>
or
<actor>Kristen Connolly -</actor>
<actor>Chris Hemsworth -</actor>

I cannot use replace or remove to clear " -" at the end,
therefor I use a helper (#).
This is shown at the end of my ini-file

As you can see in the logfile, I still have problems wit IMDB, it crashes WebGrab

BR and a happy new year /Shummi

Attachments

• TimeForTv_31-12-2012.rar
    32 KB
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom