WebGrab+Plus a new xmltv grabber (3 Viewers)

honeylaunebaer

Portal Member
August 11, 2010
Hey Jan!

Thanks for putting so much effort in this. After switching the old tvtv.de files for the new ones and editing the config it doesnt work. Ill post logs later, it grabbes a new tvguide.xml right now, cause Webgrab crashed again everytime like i described in the post below. Do you have a fix for that? I can provide you with logs and more info, just tell me what you need.

Hi honeylaunebaer and Frantid ,

I have added an automatic xmltv repair function to the program, it wasn't that difficult! It will repair the most likely file curruptions that are caused by premature interruption of the program. It will recover the part of the xmltv that is still OK.

To get it ugrade get the latest build V1.1.1/39 with http://www.servercare.nl/Docs/patchexe.rar

WG++Maker .. Jan

Thank you! still it seems as I have more for you to work on...

WebGrab now crashes directly after startup. I haven't changed anything. maybe there is an incopability to xmltv plugin in Mediaportal and it destroys the file from time to time? deleting the tvguide.xml starts a new grabbing, so the error is gone.

I tried it with he latest patch and without (see attachments)

Merry Chrismas to you all

Attachments

• tvguide_2013_03_09.xml
    17.9 MB
  • WebGrab++_2013_03_09.config.xml
    14.6 KB
Last edited:

WG++Maker

Portal Pro
October 25, 2010
La Gomera, Canary Islands
Home Country
Spain Spain
Something went wrong with the time recognition. What are your computers date-tie and number formats? (You can find these in the control panel).

To find out what happened:
In tvtv.de.ini change:

index_start.scrub {single|||<|<}

into :
index_start.scrub {single(debug)|||<|<}

Run (one channel, one day is enough) and send me the logfile.

I will be out for a couple of days, if you can't, wait post this problem on the website : www.webgrabplus.com/forum
WG++Maker .. Jan

honeylaunebaer

Portal Member
August 11, 2010
Hey Jan,

i changed what you asked for and attached the logfile. hope this helps.

my time seems to be correct, im on UTC+1 and date and clock are spot on.

WG++Maker

Portal Pro
October 25, 2010
La Gomera, Canary Islands
Home Country
Spain Spain

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    With help from some forum posts from corporate_gadfly I was able to get WebGrab+Plus running for USA SF Bay Area. Getting the srvid=20552.268435456 for my area is the tricky step.

It looks like there is a mismatch between the instructions in SiteIni.Pack.11.10\Networks\tvguide.com.no-provider_info.howtoaddprovider.txt and the "Revision 3" tvguide.com.no-provider.ini file. The setup steps describe disabling/enabling comments "*" to generate a custom channels.xml. I think these steps apply to the older "Revision 1" version of the file included in WebGrabPlusV1.1.1MSI. The attached text file shows the changes I think apply to Rev3.

With the Rev3 file, WebGrab+Plus generates the initial custom channels.xml the first time you do a run. It looks like it also generates/updates the custom channels.xml each time it grabs per channel EPG data. The channels.xml file gets modified several times during the run.

Attachments

• tvguide.com.no-provider_info.howtoaddprovider - Rev3.txt
      5 KB

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've setup Win7 task manager to run WebGrab+Plus overnight to collect/update new EPG data. I noticed the WebGrab++.log file was smaller than usual, only 6.6 MB instead of the typical 24+ MB. Win7 task manager showed the following for the last run. Task manager has run WebGrab+Plus without problems for 2 or 3 runs and there are no problems if I manually run WebGrab+Plus.

"last run result 0xe0434352"

looking at the WebGrab++.log, it has completed 7 to 8 channels of updates without a problem but then shows an error when trying to write to "html.source.htm". The following is the last lines in the log file, shows what I think is the last good program update, the error, and the end of the error log.

This system uses TrendMicro for virus scan, is it possible WebGrab+Plus and the virus scan SW are causing access problems to "html.source.htm"?

Code:
    Debugging information SiteIni
    Element:  INDEX_TEMP_4
    html source written to : C:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab\html.source.htm
    scrub strings:
    	type & arguments : single(debug separator="	" include=5)
    	blockstart  (bs):
    	elementstart (es):
    	elementend  (ee):
    	blockend	(be):

Separated html block(s), number of blocks = 0

Separated Element(s) (es) applied
    ----------begin--element----------
    KQEDW	7	Tavis Smiley Reports	12	256	8192	64	0	2	12	21661931	12594	201303270700	60	302850	0	TV-PG
    ----------end----element----------

Separated Element(s) (es) and (ee) applied of block 0
    KQEDW	7	Tavis Smiley Reports	12	256	8192	64	0	2	12	21661931	12594	201303270700	60	302850	0	TV-PG

Elements , type single applied

Argument -include- , absolute value = 5

Elements , separator =	  applied

Unable to update Channel KQEDW 9.3

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab\html.source.htm' is denied.
      at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
      at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
      at WebGrab.Scrub.GetElements(String from, String[] filters, Boolean fromscrub)
      at WebGrab.Scrub.GetMultiElement(String show, Dictionary`2 s)
      at WebGrab.Scrub.ScrubIndexShowDetails(String indexshow, SiteIni scrubstrings)
      at WebGrab.Program.UpdateChannel(String strIndex, ChannelToUpdate Chan, XmlTarget xTarget)
      at WebGrab.Program.Main(String[] args)

Channel KNTVHD 11.1 site -- TVGUIDE.COM.CA_SFBAY -- update mode incremental

Last edited:

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    With the Rev3 file, WebGrab+Plus generates the initial custom channels.xml the first time you do a run. It looks like it also generates/updates the custom channels.xml each time it grabs per channel EPG data. The channels.xml file gets modified several times during the run.
    Excellent info, @RonD. I'll look at the modification timestamp of my channels.xml file when I get home.

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    It looks like there is a mismatch between the instructions in SiteIni.Pack.11.10\Networks\tvguide.com.no-provider_info.howtoaddprovider.txt and the "Revision 3" tvguide.com.no-provider.ini file. The setup steps describe disabling/enabling comments "*" to generate a custom channels.xml. I think these steps apply to the older "Revision 1" version of the file included in WebGrabPlusV1.1.1MSI. The attached text file shows the changes I think apply to Rev3.

I think it is a mistake to run a regular WebGrab+Plus for getting TV guide data with the last few lines uncommented in the .ini file.

I've been running with the last few lines commented out and my channels.xml file has not been written to since the original file was created. To summarize, the last few lines should only be uncommented when you want to generate the channel listing. For regular runs, they should be commented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom