WebGrab+Plus a new xmltv grabber (6 Viewers)

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me here with the following problem I face. Since I have issues with the DVB EPG (not getting all channels), I looked for alternatives and stumbled on WebGrabPlus. I modified the configuration.xml file as described in the XMLTV guide and added 32 channels (using TV Spielfilm). The problem I have is that all 32 channels are imported through the Plug-in using the TV Server Configuration though I still only see EPG data for the same 3 to 4 channels I got using DVB EPG.

I manually restarted the TV server but no change in results. I'm still new to MediaPortal so it may be that I am overlooking something. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

p.s. I am using the latest version of Mediaportal 1.8.0

Ill think you must activate/setup the xmltv plugin in tvserver and map the channels.
    Here is a good guide:

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...tup/4_TV_Guide_Setup_(EPG)/XMLTV_WebGrab_Plus

and here is the channel mapping:

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...e_Setup_(EPG)/XMLTV_mc2xml#Setup_XMLTV_Plugin

cu
    pOpY

Frustrated

Portal Member
    June 15, 2014
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    The instructions here in the "canada.com.no-provider" file are no longer correct for Canada. The canada.com.no-provider.howtocustomze.txt file has the following step:

Open the cookie file in a text editor like notepad or notepad++ or anything like that and search for the string "TVHeadEnd". You should find a cookie entry like :
    www.canada.com TRUE / FALSE 1534418622 TVHeadEnd TVHeadEnd=DG1A0A2&PostalCode=G1A0A2

The problem is there is no such cookie in Chrome nor IE that has TVHeadEnd in it.Without this information the guide information can not be gleemed from Canada.com

I guess canada.com changed the layout so it has become another website that Canadians can not use to get free TV listings from. Only one that still exists is MC2XML app which gleams the legacy listings

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I guess canada.com changed the layout so it has become another website that Canadians can not use to get free TV listings from.
    Based on the web traffic it looks like the data is coming from a completely different provider - tvmds.tvpassport.com instead of tribune. So it is probably a completely different data format, not just a layout change.

MediaPortal has no association with WebGrab+Plus, so reporting this here is unlikely to result in any change to the situation. In my opinion you'd be better off to start a thread over on the WebGrab+Plus forums and see if there's anybody that can fix the grabber:
    http://webgrabplus.com/forum

Christoph21x

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2009
    Berne
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    MediaPortal has no association with WebGrab+Plus, so reporting this here is unlikely to result in any change to the situation. In my opinion you'd be better off to start a thread over on the WebGrab+Plus forums and see if there's anybody that can fix the grabber:
    http://webgrabplus.com/forum
    Jan van Straaten, the creator of WG++, follows this thread, so you may stay in here.
    WG++ is used by quite many MP users, so this is a very good collection thread

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Hey guys.

Using the latest tvtoday.ini from this post: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-new-xmltv-grabber.88425/page-32#post-1091196
    Today i had no EPG! I am grabbing epg every 3 days for 8 days (with a scheduled windows task).
    The last run was 24.11.

After deleting the tvguide.xml and starting grabbing manual, there are also some EPG missing, ex.: ORF1,2 has very few entries.
    When ill look at the tvtoday site the epg is shown 14+ into the future.

Has anybody elso this problem?
    Is there a new ini file?

PS: i have already updatet to v55pre of WebGrab+Plus.

thx
    pOpY

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Here are the import details for 87 channels -> 1544 programms -> normally i had ~15000. Something is wrong...

upload_2014-11-26_22-10-39.png

Christoph21x

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2009
    Berne
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hey pOpY
    You're right - the scrabbed information ends on my system this Sunday. Thanks a lot for the hint! I'm scrabbing 14 days, so I didn't recognize it until I read your comment.
    There's no newer ini file for TVToday so far. What the Hell... I just saw it now. Unfortunately I'm on a business trip from tomorrow morning onwards...

Summary: not a problem of your config. Not a problem of Webgrab. Not of MediaPortal (I'm using Argus TV). Probably structure of TVToday changed. I'll see what I can fix this evening! But.. can't promise anything, I apologize.

Greetz from Switzerland - Chris

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Hey chris.

Thanx for your confirmation!
    I have also tried some older tvtoday.ini files, but no luck.
    Now i have temporary switched to tvtv, tvinfo & tvmovie.
    TVtoday has all the channels ;) on the other sites ill must combine them to get all data for all my channels

Thanks for looking into it!!!

pOpY

Christoph21x

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2009
    Berne
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Just digging into it...
    Do you also have SOME channels, that provide the full information, like SuperRTL, others that don't, like Pro7 ?
    VERY strange, that the same scrabber on same provider produces different outcome depending on a channel.. right now checking the html formats

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Yep its the same for me.
    DOnt remember of Super RTL but:

ORF 1 -> no epg
    ORF 2 -> no epg
    ORF 3 -> epg
    ORF Sport Plus -> epg

if ill remember right.
    Thats really strange, because its the same webside html/code for all channels of the site!?

Hope you find the issue
    pOpY

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom