WebGrab+Plus a new xmltv grabber (1 Viewer)

JSurf

Portal Pro
November 27, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi i just tweaked to tvmovie.de.ini (German TV) file because some information (subtitles) were missing in the xmltv result. Think the site changed since the author of Webgrab++ last edited the site ini file. Now it seems to get very complete informations about the program

I use Webgrab++ to get info for some channels that are not available in mc2xml.
Thought i'd share it here maybe it is useful for someone

Attachments

• tvmovie.de.zip
    1.6 KB

BPOH_Voodoo

Portal Pro
May 27, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,

i am modifing the tvtv.de.ini to get more Infos into the description field.
What do i have to insert to get a CR+LF in Mediaportal EPG?
Because i want to start with that extra Infos in a new line.

Kind regards
Mirco

alpinestars

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 28, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all,

fantastic tool, before I used clickfinder (paid version), but WebGrab+Plus is even better! Thanks a lot!

Nevertheless I wanted to share my scheduler, it is a small tray app written in autohotkey. Please feel free to use it, but keep in mind that you still have to configure WebGrap+Plus etc. before you use this scheduler.

What does the scheduler offer?
    • I you want it will start automatically with the system
    • The scheduler will start WebGrap+Plus at the configured time and will copy afterwards the guide.xml into the configured xmltv directory of MediaPortal TV Server
    • You can hide the WebGrap+Plus window if wanted
    PS: I did not know where to post my scheduler. If it is the wrong place, please send me a notice. If needed I can post the source code (*.ahk)

BR
    alpinestars

Attachments

• scheduler_screenshot.jpg
      scheduler_screenshot.jpg
      102 KB
    • WebGrab+Plus Scheduler.zip
      563.7 KB

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi i just tweaked to tvmovie.de.ini (German TV) file because some information (subtitles) were missing in the xmltv result. Think the site changed since the author of Webgrab++ last edited the site ini file. Now it seems to get very complete informations about the program

I use Webgrab++ to get info for some channels that are not available in mc2xml.
    Thought i'd share it here maybe it is useful for someone

@JSurf,

is your file still valid?
    I have tried it with "ARD" an i always get this error:

Code:
    Channel Das Erste site -- TVMOVIE.DE -- update mode incremental

no indexpage for this channel!
    Cannot find any shows on the Index Page !

Thanks!

JSurf

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just tried it, it is still working
    For ARD:
    <channel update="i" site="tvmovie.de" site_id="1" xmltv_id="ARD">ARD</channel>
    is working

Another good source seems to be:
    tvtv.de_germany.ini available in the latest siteini pack

Are you using the newest version of Webgrab++ including all patches ??

But for the main TV stations, i strongly recommend mc2xml because it is a lot less pain and much faster. I only use webgrab+ for stations that are not available in mc2xml

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for Testing it! I was using the latest Version, but i´m back to the Clickfinder Plugin. Since the EPG Data there is almost complete good again it is the best Source for me.

BTW: mc2xml does not have Episode and Season Numbers. Is that right?

roger_77

July 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me here with the following problem I face. Since I have issues with the DVB EPG (not getting all channels), I looked for alternatives and stumbled on WebGrabPlus. I modified the configuration.xml file as described in the XMLTV guide and added 32 channels (using TV Spielfilm). The problem I have is that all 32 channels are imported through the Plug-in using the TV Server Configuration though I still only see EPG data for the same 3 to 4 channels I got using DVB EPG.

I manually restarted the TV server but no change in results. I'm still new to MediaPortal so it may be that I am overlooking something. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

p.s. I am using the latest version of Mediaportal 1.8.0

Last edited:

Christoph21x

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2009
    Berne
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Dear All

Please find attached the latest version of tvtoday.de.ini file.

What's new:
    - switched to xmltv_ns season/episode numbering system (it was a mixture of xmltv_ns and on_screen, indeed)
    - corrected grabbing of season & episode
    - reading of season/episode scrubbing acc. to divers site layouts
    - text "(Staffel #s, Folge #e)" is added to description

Remarks:
    - numbers zero-based; format: "#S.#E.#P" (S = season, E = episode, P = part) - no leading zeros
    - multi-episodes not yet supported. Drop a message plus example, if needed
    - part number (of a broadcast) not supported yet. Drop a message plus example, if needed

Greetz - Chris

Attachments

• tvtoday.de.ini.zip
      2.9 KB
    Last edited:

Frustrated

Portal Member
    June 15, 2014
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    The instructions here in the "canada.com.no-provider" file are no longer correct for Canada. The canada.com.no-provider.howtocustomze.txt file has the following step:

Open the cookie file in a text editor like notepad or notepad++ or anything like that and search for the string "TVHeadEnd". You should find a cookie entry like :
    www.canada.com TRUE / FALSE 1534418622 TVHeadEnd TVHeadEnd=DG1A0A2&PostalCode=G1A0A2

The problem is there is no such cookie in Chrome nor IE that has TVHeadEnd in it.Without this information the guide information can not be gleemed from Canada.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom