WebGrab+Plus a new xmltv grabber (4 Viewers)

apuokas

Portal Member
February 1, 2011
Home Country
AW: Re: AW: WebGrab+Plus a new xmltv grabber

my answer to arion_p

and if i chek the option and ad no compensation time leave 00h00min , the xmltv plugin will use tvguide.xml time with his compensations?

There i have a suggestion:
if i have different tvguide files and they need separate compensation time, you have no option to correct this. I suggest that when i use a lot of tvguide files, there should be a tvguide.lst file that lets separat compensate gmt time for each file. The inside of the tvguide.lst file can see something like this:
filename/compenstion
tvguide1.xml/+0200
tvguide2.xml/+0915
tvguide3.xml/+0000
and so on

and thank you for the answer

Hi WG++Maker
im on holiday too. So i cant proov your code.
But there is a problem that my %LOCALAPPDATA% is signed as "C:\Documents and Settings\myusername\Local Settings\Apps\...." and not as "....\Local Settings\Application Data\...." But i have found your file another way. See my post from 2011-07-17, 11:45

thank you for your answer and have fun on your holiday

WG++Maker

Portal Pro
October 25, 2010
La Gomera, Canary Islands
Home Country
Spain Spain
Awesome app! It's working great for 2 weeks now. I found out that I can also grab radio channels (from gids.publiekeomroep.nl), but the problem is that I need a separate xml file for the radio channels! I didn't find an option to install WebGrab at 2 different locations nor to use more then one xml file.

How can I accomplish this?

Something along these lines:

Code:
@ECHO OFF 
REM Batch file setup for running different config files for different category of channels
REM prepare a set of WebGrab++.config files eg named WebGrab++.config.sports.xml , WebGrab++.config.news.xml etc.
REM make sure to different setting to  <filename>C:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab\news.xml</filename> for each of them.

REM finds wg++ executable:
for /f "delims=" %%a in ('dir %LOCALAPPDATA%\webgrab*.exe /s /b') do ( 
set wgexec=%%a 
) 

REM  run wg++ for sports channels:
rename WebGrab++.config.sports.xml WebGrab++.config.xml
START /WAIT %wgexec%
rename  WebGrab++.config.xml WebGrab++.config.sports.xml

REM  run wg++ for news channels:
rename  WebGrab++.config.news.xml WebGrab++.config.xml
START /WAIT %wgexec%
rename  WebGrab++.config.xml WebGrab++.config.news.xml 

REM  run wg++ for other channels
REM  add other categories as the examples above

Save in the WG++ homefolder (C:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab) and run

Hope this helps ....Wg++Maker ... Jan

(sorry for the late response, I am on hoilday)

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Re: AW: WebGrab+Plus a new xmltv grabber

PS: I think the wording and arrangement of the above option is misleading. If this option is checked the timezone information inside tvguide.xml will be used, otherwise it will be ignored and assumed that all times are local times. When this option is checked all times will be converted to UTC.
    The two text boxes (Hours and Minutes) below provide a way to specify additional compensation, regardless and independent of the above setting. What you specify here will be added to all times in tvguide.xml. This additional compensation is normally used in conjunction with the above setting to convert UTC times back to local.

So if you have a tvguide.xml that contains timezone info and your timezone is UTC+1 you should check the option and specify additional compensation of 1 hours and 0 minutes.

There is however a known issue with this: it cannot take into account daylight saving (i.e. your timezone changes from UTC+1 to UTC+2 during the summer). You have to change your configuration manually twice a year, which makes it an ugly solution. The issue is in mantis but not scheduled for 1.2.0, probably will be fixed in 1.3.0.

Thanks for that. I copied it to the wiki page.

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Re: AW: Re: AW: WebGrab+Plus a new xmltv grabber

my answer to arion_p

and if i chek the option and ad no compensation time leave 00h00min , the xmltv plugin will use tvguide.xml time with his compensations?

There i have a suggestion:
    if i have different tvguide files and they need separate compensation time, you have no option to correct this. I suggest that when i use a lot of tvguide files, there should be a tvguide.lst file that lets separat compensate gmt time for each file. The inside of the tvguide.lst file can see something like this:
    filename/compenstion
    tvguide1.xml/+0200
    tvguide2.xml/+0915
    tvguide3.xml/+0000
    and so on

If you check the option and add no compensation you would end up with all times in UTC (xmltv plugin will use timezones in tvguide.xml to convert all times to UTC). To get local times you should add your timezone as compensation.

So in that sense there is no need for separate compensations per file (unless your files do not have timezones in them).

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Also in the utilities\wg2mp folder is a small program that removes all the timezone compensation data from the xmltv file and simply does all the compensation in the start and stop time.

Just out of curiosity, does that take into account the local timezone's daylight saving time?

WG++Maker

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Also in the utilities\wg2mp folder is a small program that removes all the timezone compensation data from the xmltv file and simply does all the compensation in the start and stop time.

Just out of curiosity, does that take into account the local timezone's daylight saving time?

The utility does nothing more than converting all the timezone compensation to start and stop times without the compensation. As it uses the computers 'localtimezone' to calculate the the result it takes into account DST if the computer is set to automatic DST.

(Also WebGrab+Plus automatically compensates for DST)

WG+Maker ... Jan

WG++Maker

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    A new version of WebGrab+Plus (V1.0.8 Beta) is available:

It now supports 66 tvguide sites and comes in two installation variants:

-- The standard .msi variant is available here: (http://www.servercare.nl/Docs/WebGrab+PlusV1.0.8BetaMsi.rar)
    -- and the ClickOnce variant here: (http://www.servercare.nl/Docs/WebGrab+PlusV1.0.8BetaClickOnce.rar)
    (the ClickOnce installation was use for all the previous versions and is kept available for those user that want to continue using utilities or batch scripts that rely on the file structure that is typical for this type of installation)

Supported sites for the following countries :

Belgium(2), Brazil, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark(2), Finland, France(3), Greece, Germany(2), HongKong, Hungary, Israel, Italy(5), Litauen, Netherlands(5), Norway(2), Poland(2), Portugal(2), Romania(3), Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Republic South Africa(2), Spain(4), Sweden(3), Switserland(2), Turkey, UK(6) and
    International Networks like: DirectTV(North America), OSN (Libanon, Saudi Arabia, North African Countries etc) Discovery, TvGuide.com (N/M/S-America and Caribbean), BBC, Australia Network and RadioAustralia

A complete list of supported tvguide sites can be had at: (http://www.servercare.nl/Docs/SiteIni-List-Pack8.pdf)

For detailed information for users and siteini developers read the documentation: (http://www.servercare.nl/Docs/Documentation.V1.0.8Beta.pdf)

For support, siteini request and more information (WebGrab+Plus, an advanced XMLTV grabber - ServerCare home)
    or just mail (my mail address is on the cover of the documentation)

Wg++Maker .... Jan

WG++Maker

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Small error in V108 config file!

Sorry but there is a wrong setting in the configfile, a forgotten leftover from an experiment !
    <retry show-delay=15>4</retry> should be <retry>4</retry>

(remove the show-delay, it pauses for 15 seconds between the grab of any show!!)

The error is corrected in the mean time.

again sorry .... wg++maker .. Jan

Christoph21x

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2009
    Berne
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    AW: WebGrab+Plus a new xmltv grabber

Dear Jan,

first of all: thank you very much for this really BRILLIANT and high quality solution!
    Simply... awesome!

I would like to give just "three bits" of information to the Newbees - as I am:
    1. Installing (using msi method): don't change the default path, it simply will lead to a NON-installation of the WebGrab+Plus.exe...
    2. Don't use path & file names with spaces in the section <filename></filename> of the WebGrab++Config.xml - it will lead to no output at all - also enclosing in "" doesn't help - my hint: leave the default
    3. please check carefully your channel section - if you have double entries, some server will not import the file and reject it (i.e. For The Record) due to SQL database fields which have to be unique - use only one entry per channel.

... And one "call for help" concerning the guide "teleboy.ch" - I'm grateful to
    * Willy De Wilde 19 april 2010 Jan van Straaten May 2011:
    Is there a way to cut out the "(?)" string from the titles? I suppose this represents a link on the website actually to get detail information - but it's also stored in the guide... makes it unease to program series from different channels (which especially get their guide information from different guide sites)
    Could there be a way of extract (replace or delete) certain strings and AFTERWARDS do the trim/cleanup? (I'm not sure if the number of spaces in between real title and the "(?)" always is the same...)
    This could also "solve" the simply disturbing "((" in front of and after the "Wiederholung" string of teleboy.ch (means: "Replay"). But this is really minor.

Dear Jan, dear Willy, thanks a lot - you made the available information being USABLE and AVAILABLE. Wow...!
    And: I think, above mentioned tipps are really just tipps - no need to change anything...

Kind regards from Switzerland - Christoph

WG++Maker

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Re: AW: WebGrab+Plus a new xmltv grabber

Hi Christoph

Dear Jan,

I would like to give just "three bits" of information to the Newbees - as I am:
    1. Installing (using msi method): don't change the default path, it simply will lead to a NON-installation of the WebGrab+Plus.exe...
    2. Don't use path & file names with spaces in the section <filename></filename> of the WebGrab++Config.xml - it will lead to no output at all - also enclosing in "" doesn't help - my hint: leave the default
    3. please check carefully your channel section - if you have double entries, some server will not import the file and reject it (i.e. For The Record) due to SQL database fields which have to be unique - use only one entry per channel.

Thanks for these observations, I will add some warnings in the readme file for the next version.
    About the -- double entries -- , the next version has a build-in check of duplicate xmltv-id's in the config file.

... And one "call for help" concerning the guide "teleboy.ch" - I'm grateful to
    * Willy De Wilde 19 april 2010 Jan van Straaten May 2011:
    Is there a way to cut out the "(?)" string from the titles? I suppose this represents a link on the website actually to get detail information - but it's also stored in the guide... makes it unease to program series from different channels (which especially get their guide information from different guide sites)
    Could there be a way of extract (replace or delete) certain strings and AFTERWARDS do the trim/cleanup? (I'm not sure if the number of spaces in between real title and the "(?)" always is the same...)
    The (?) in the title is added by the program if a problem occured with the title scrub. Normally if the scrub of the title from the show detail page has no value or is too different from the one of the index-page of the same show. This (?) forces the program to update (try again) the show during the next run.
    In the case of teleboy it was caused because the scrub of the title from the detail page completely failed. Apparently the site is changed since the last revision of teleboy.ch.ini.
    I have made a new revision that solves this problem. It's in the Switzerland section of : http://www.servercare.nl/Docs/SiteIni.Pack.8.2.rar
    There are a few other changes, among them added xmltv elements for presenter, video-aspect and previously-shown.
    This could also "solve" the simply disturbing "((" in front of and after the "Wiederholung" string of teleboy.ch (means: "Replay"). But this is really minor.

I couldn't locate that one. Does it appear in <desc> ??

Dear Jan, dear Willy, thanks a lot - you made the available information being USABLE and AVAILABLE. Wow...!
    And: I think, above mentioned tipps are really just tipps - no need to change anything...

Kind regards from Switzerland - Christoph

Thanks for all these kind words ...

WG++Maker ... Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom