WebMP Skin: Bootstrap v5.1 (9 aug. 2013) (1 Viewer)

Dragy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
New version up, small update:
v5:
- Only show 'players' dropdown list when more then one player
- Added current chosen genre (for movies and tvshows) to title of the page
- Statuspage CPU/Memory usage history persistent after refresh/leaving page
- Add new WebMP 0.5.4 feature: watched status for movies (not working right?)
- updated to Bootstrap base v2.3.2 (no time to test the new v3 RC yet)

jodesi

Portal Member
April 12, 2012
England
Home Country
England England
This is very good.

Nice and clean with no fuss and has everything you need. I'm sure plenty of fuss went into making it, I'm just speaking from an end users point of view.

If I can ask you one question though, the video player. Is it meant to change ratio to the video it's playing or does it just stay at a 16:9 sort of size and stretch the video to fit? I've been testing the server and Bootstrap on LAN and WAN using Chrome with great results apart from the video size. It's not really a big issue as it's mainly TV/Recorded TV I use it for..... just curious.

Thanks for this really good skin and I look forward to future updates.

Dragy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I think the player itself should be 16:9, so constant aspect ratio, but the content can vary. I will recheck if this is the case in all players. Thanks for reporting.

jodesi

Portal Member
April 12, 2012
England
Home Country
England England
No problem.

I did try some other skins and the player did seem to resize on some. I'm not sure if they used the same player as your skin though.

EDIT: I've just noticed another small problem on mobile (iPhone 4 and Nexus 7) When you go into TV Server, you can't click on TV Guide. I've tried zooming it but still not linking to the page. It lets you list the live TV functions but won't go to the page. The actual page works fine but I had to add a separate link to get to it.

Last edited:

Dragy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hmm yeah it looks like I broke it with updating to the new Bootstrap (it was only a minor version, from 2.3.1 to 2.3.2, so don't really understand why..)
I will upload a new version with Bootstrap 2.3.1, or you can just copy the Content/css, Content/js from Bootstrap v4 to your live version.

Thanks!

It's fixed in v5.1
v5.1:
- Reverted update from Bootstrap base v2.3.2 to v2.3.1 because it caused problems.
- Fixed aspect ratio of videos in Flash player (change stretching: 'exactfit' to stretching: 'uniform')

Last edited:

jodesi

Portal Member
April 12, 2012
England
Home Country
England England
I have a few more questions if you can help.

I decided to treat myself to a new Android Tablet (Sony Xperia Z) and while I like the MP Android app, I still like to use the Web service with a browser and your skin.

We know that Adobe stopped making Flash for mobile devices but with a bit of searching there are a few ways round it. I went for Dolphin or Lightning browser with Android flash 11.1. At first I got nothing at all apart from on the Simplicity skin which doesn't fit despite the resolution of the tablet. So I had a bit of a mix round and used the Simplicity skins streaming players on your skin. I now have a 90% perfect browser page on Android playing all the video on Flash-Medium settings, the music playing and live TV but no http profiles will work. Is there any reason why the players from the Simplicity skin would work and not the ones from any others listed here? Also would it be possible for me to try other players in your skin and any advice as to which ones might be best with the flash that Android has?

This was only a bit of trial and error testing and it's probably not stable or safe at all. I don't know much at all about web developing, I was more curious than anything else to see if I could get it to work.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You should try to get the HTTP Live Streaming profiles working (if they don't work on the default skin; open a new thread with logs). I doubt anyone is using Flash on Android.

jodesi

Portal Member
    April 12, 2012
    England
    Home Country
    England England
    You should try to get the HTTP Live Streaming profiles working (if they don't work on the default skin; open a new thread with logs). I doubt anyone is using Flash on Android.

I will keep on with the http. It was only a bit of a test really. Although it is working fairly well and doesn't kill it on my pc... That would have been test over.

Its such a good skin I would like it on all systems but Android, like all mobile operating systems has it's limitations.

mike9677

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    by clicking the latest episodes button in the homescreen, i got this error:
    Code:
    Server stack trace:
      at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.ThrowIfFaultUnderstood(Message reply, MessageFault fault, String action, MessageVersion version, FaultConverter faultConverter)
      at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
      at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
      at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
      at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
      at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
      at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
      at MPExtended.Services.MediaAccessService.Interfaces.IMediaAccessService.GetTVShowDetailedById(Nullable`1 provider, String id)
      at MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal.Models.TVEpisodeViewModel.get_Show() in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Applications\MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal\Models\TVShowViewModels.cs:line 101
      at ASP._Page_Skins_Bootstrap_Home_AiredEpisodes_cshtml.Execute() in c:\Program Files\MPExtended\WebMediaPortal\www\Skins\Bootstrap\Home\AiredEpisodes.cshtml:line 14
      at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy()
      at System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy()
      at System.Web.WebPages.StartPage.RunPage()
      at System.Web.WebPages.StartPage.ExecutePageHierarchy()
      at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage)
      at System.Web.Mvc.RazorView.RenderView(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer, Object instance)
      at System.Web.Mvc.BuildManagerCompiledView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResult(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass1c.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__19()
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass1c.<>c__DisplayClass1e.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__1b()
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName)
      at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore()
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext)
      at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClass6.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5()
      at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0()
      at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _)
      at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End()
      at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d()
      at System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f)
      at System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action)
      at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
      at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result)
      at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
      at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom