Webradio (3 Viewers)

rainbowforest

Portal Pro
June 30, 2010
Vienna
Home Country
Austria Austria
Sorry for the delayed reply but due to some reason, I didnt see your post with the download link ..:(

Latest version is installed and generally it seems to work now (y)

Just pitty, that so many station addresses are not working or broken. Here I encountered two different behaves: either the known "requestTimeout" message or, and thats somehow strange, station starting, showing the station logo, but playing previously selected station.

Where is the DB located for the stations? Maybe I can help "cleaning" them up or refresh to actual versions (not a promise, but I can look at it ;))
[Edit] found it. Will look for a good directory in the net (or maybe someone knows one :p). If yes, I can try develop a little importer

{Edit2] Thats the problem when reading threads only from last :LOL:. Now I read from first and realized, that this list was obviously a living one, place on the MP server. Is it still maintained by someone?

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry for the delayed reply but due to some reason, I didnt see your post with the download link ..:(

Latest version is installed and generally it seems to work now (y)

Just pitty, that so many station addresses are not working or broken. Here I encountered two different behaves: either the known "requestTimeout" message or, and thats somehow strange, station starting, showing the station logo, but playing previously selected station.

Where is the DB located for the stations? Maybe I can help "cleaning" them up or refresh to actual versions (not a promise, but I can look at it ;))
    [Edit] found it. Will look for a good directory in the net (or maybe someone knows one :p). If yes, I can try develop a little importer

{Edit2] Thats the problem when reading threads only from last :LOL:. Now I read from first and realized, that this list was obviously a living one, place on the MP server. Is it still maintained by someone?
    Where is the list placed? I don’t think it’s maintained, because BigGranu is not active anymore.

rainbowforest

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2010
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The original idea to have this list maintained by MP developers and placed on the central MP server was generally not bad. At least, as long someone taking care about it.

Actually I am developing a little app to automatically test (coz 10000 manually nobody will do :confused:) each stream link and create a "cleaned up" list out of it. I can post this tool and the cleaned list within the next days here. So everybody can use it for his own purposes and substitute the list which is installed on installation of the WebRadio plug in. About pushing this list then up to the server, you have to decide ..

What I havent solved so far is retrieving actualized links to update the list instead of just wiping out the dead ones.

1608288288286.png

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

This behaviour seems to be an issue with the new version and the latest MP 2.3.1. Stations I tested that exhibit this behaviour play perfectly well with the Webradio V1.4 on older versions of 2.3.1.

What I havent solved so far is retrieving actualized links to update the list instead of just wiping out the dead ones.
    I am very concerned that you may be trying to fix something that is not broken.

rainbowforest

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2010
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The player control I use is the WMPlayer 12. Maybe some of the links could be opened with other player controls (like VLC or others) or the player which is used in MP 2.3. Means, my checks are based ONLY on WMPlayer.

The multiple same streaming contents on different channels seems to be a result of the playlists. Links in the streamlist (I saw) can be either a direct link or a playlist which contains additional info and should be "decoded" be thy MP Webradio Player. Maybe this can still be corrected in an updated version.

I am very concerned that you may be trying to fix something that is not broken.

My goal is not to overwrite the list on the MP server, just to cleanup my local list. Coz its kind of boring to click one by one, realizing theat many are not working.

I am still working on the test tool, but a first (part) run showed just 50% of playable links

Another reason for this tool is the possibility to export a sorted stationlist. Maybe there is a way to do it in MP, I just havent seen it ;)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am still working on the test tool, but a first (part) run showed just 50% of playable links

OK all sounds good, no surprise that there are lots of links that no longer work but since you are using a control then all well and good. I was only concerned that you might have been basing dead links on the latest Webradio which seems to have problems with good links.

rainbowforest

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2010
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi girls & guys, as announced, my tool for testing / editing the Webradio's Streamlist is ready. Wanted to test it on my local Streamlist.xml (found in /Webradio/data) but realized, Webradio is not using this list .. :confused::(

Thus, would be great to discuss with one of the devs, how to proceed.

Here a screenshot of the app:
    1608627131140.png

As this first test run shows, only about 60% of the links (still) working. And I am testing with long timeout (10s). Btw, I think thats also a problem with the (new) Webradio Plugin in MP2: the timeout setting for establishing a connection is (probably) too short. Maybe @morpheus_xx you can check about that.

Once a complete run is finished (takes a while :confused:), I will post it here. I can also provide the app itself, but as Webradio will use only the streamlist from server, it will be useless for standard MP users.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    First of all, thank you very much for your contribution, it's very welcome and useful (y)

Wanted to test it on my local Streamlist.xml (found in /Webradio/data) but realized, Webradio is not using this list ..
    I think this file is only there as first-time default, but after the online update the current file can be found here: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Webradio\StreamList.xml.

Btw, I think thats also a problem with the (new) Webradio Plugin in MP2: the timeout setting for establishing a connection is (probably) too short
    I reverted the recent update of bassplayer libraries and the issue is no longer present. So this one was caused by broken library update.

If you are trying with 10 seconds timeout this should be more than enough for regular behavior.

Users who are viewing this thread