What do you like about Media Portal? (2 Viewers)

What do you like about Media Portal?

• It is open source.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dont like MP (are you sure you wanna click here?)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Please tell me why you like it so much!

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I would have gone for 1, 2 and 3.
    I love the way it looks, it does one hell of a job,. Does things no other htpc does and I love open source. it was hard to choose and doesn't make my vote complete.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    yeh ...like MrMario64 said ...
    all of the above....its great because its open-source too...
    that way more things with continually added and improved

A

Anonymous

thats why its hard to say why we like it so much... too many good reasons 8)

A

Anonymous

I don't know if it does anything other HTPC applications don't, but maybe it will in the future. It has a lot of potential and the development seems to come along very quickly having in mind only one person is involved.

RedDom

Portal Member
    May 9, 2004
    UK
    It looks stunning
    Its Open source.

however at the moment it doesn't do anything that other htpc software cant do, It needs a few more things before I will use it in anger (Though i reall really want to)

the basics are:

much better remote control support
    support for launching external apps from custom buttons
    Full pvr support
    support for external stb's (cable, sat dtv etc) e.g guide and channel changes via external exe or girder.
    Support for more music players or asio support.

keep up the progress.

RD

A

Anonymous

The only thing (for the moment) is that it's an OpenSource program...

I can't see anything it does and other programs don't...
    It's a rather young software though...

Maybe when external programs are supported fully ;)

I'd like K!Tv is supported :D

A

Anonymous

It does things other HTPC softwares dont, first of all.
    Second of all, It is open source.
    Third, you guys are working on it!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    Check this web page for the informations about he plugin. To fix the issue, I recommend to uninstal and install the plugin again (if you need it).
    Check this web page for the informations about he plugin. To fix the issue, I recommend to uninstal and install the plugin again...
    I've just installed MP 1.31 with Streamed skin, IMDB+ plugin, Moving Pictures and MP-TV Series. First time starting up MP to...
    Replies
    Views
    Pfff, amazing MadVR instead of (the good one) EVR. Watched 240p movies given by my family on Full HDTV. What can I say : For 240p, less macroblocks, better smoothed. For all : More transparency, more mirroring (example, reflects pictures on cars, on flasks of water). When available, it is worth to take time to configure MadVR, at the...
    Pfff, amazing MadVR instead of (the good one) EVR. Watched 240p movies given by my family on Full HDTV. What can I say : For 240p...
    Hello all, I found a possible conflict between madVR and MP ViewModeSwitcher Plugin. But, because it's hardware and specific...
    Replies
    Views
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at all. I just wanted to: understand current Status & Situation understand my Options for a stable System improve my Knowledge & learn from Experts Especially because your limited Dev Resources and the...
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at...
    Hello Folks, Yesterday I upgraded to Mediaportal 2.5 via uninstalling 2.4.1 first and then install the latest .NET6 Variant of...
    Replies
    Views
    If you can keep this up and running then I'm ready to add the theme back. But I do not see much difference with my theme in appearance.
    If you can keep this up and running then I'm ready to add the theme back. But I do not see much difference with my theme in appearance.
    Hi! Installed MP 1.31 today, and before I didn't have sub menus for TV and MovingPictures. My setup looked something like this...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom