What new feature do you want most? (1 Viewer)

What new feature do you want most?

• Filtering on the GUI (by genre, year, watched flag, etc.)

Votes: 70 40.0%
  • Localization (i.e. multilingual support)

Votes: 36 20.6%
  • Additional data providers (IMDB, impawards.com, scriptable)

Votes: 66 37.7%
  • Logo support ala TV-Series (mediainfo.dll integration)

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Better movie backdrop (fanart) support (in GUI, menu to select and download ala TV-Series)

Votes: 63 36.0%
  • Something else (post details below)

Votes: 17 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Three little things I would like (and maybe it is already there but I haven't found them :)):

1. if you select a movie and you stop it, you always return back at the top of the movielist and not on that movie (allthough the background and the title still are for that movie).

2. In my menu I have "moving pictures", no drama there but it would be nice if i could rename it? (I dont use the basic home screen btw)

3. displaying the media type of a movie so it's easier to see if a movie is a dvd, divx, x264, ...

Allthough it's not perfect (yet), this one is definitely a keeper! Already replaced My Movies with this one :)

#1 is in the latest release. If when you stop playback it goes to the beginning of the list you might be experiencing a bug. It should go back to the details screen for the playing movie. Are you running 0.5.5b or 0.5.5c? If not I would recommend you upgrade.

#2 is already implemented and will be available in the next release.

#3 is coming but not for a while. We kind of consider that a visual flourish, something really to just pretty things up. It is highly desirable, but we want to round off all the core features first.

darkie

Portal Member
March 13, 2008
#1 is in the latest release. If when you stop playback it goes to the beginning of the list you might be experiencing a bug. It should go back to the details screen for the playing movie. Are you running 0.5.5b or 0.5.5c? If not I would recommend you upgrade.

I'm running the latest version but I've changed the option so that if I select a movie, it will start immediatly and does not go to the detail view, so probably that is the problem?

edit: turned it on again and it's working!

mugginger

Portal Member
January 23, 2008
Nice work!!! I love it!!!

My favorite would be support for german language (IMDB or even ofdb.de or themoviedb.org). That would rock...

Greetings

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Coming in the next version mugginger. :p

mugginger

Portal Member
January 23, 2008
yeah :) nice... when will the next version be ready?

ANother cool thing would be, if you could specify a folder not only for tha backdrops but also for covers. That would be great...
I have downloaded covers for all of my movies and they all fave the exact same name than the movie (but are in a seperated folder). Would be nice if a folder with covers would be specified, that he would look in there for a .jpg or .pgn with the same name than the movie itself and take this one as cover. What do you think?

Greetings form overseas

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Well I am trying not to give too specific release dates, last version or two I felt a lot of stress getting things out before a deadline I had set for myself, and this project is supposed to be something for me to enjoy in my spare time. So I would say a week or two, give or take. But no promises, if it runs long it runs long. You can always check the progress on the issue tracker though. This view will show you work towards 0.5.6 specifically.

mugginger

Portal Member
January 23, 2008
Nice... looking forward for it :)
What you think about the idea of being able to specify a cover folder for lookup? (like for the backdrop.... but also matching the filname... film.avi -> film.jpg for the cover?

greetings

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
In the next version it will look for folder.jpg files for cover-art if you turn the option on (this is off by default). In the next version you will also be able to specify a file mask for searching for local covers, similar to what currently exists for backdrops (see the "Backdrop Filename Pattern" advanced setting). Matching by filename of the first movie in the set could be doable too though. Do you have a lot of cover's named the same as your video files?

mugginger

Portal Member
January 23, 2008
Well... quite some, yes.
I have a folder stucture like this:

Movies
+Covers
+ FilmA.jpg
+ FilmB.jpg
+HD
+ FilmA.mkv
+ FilmB.mkv
+Sport
+....

I have covers for all my films cause the scrapper for mediaportals MyMovies couldn't get high res covers from ofdb.de and i was adding them manually... Which is quite a lot of work ;)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Ok I will see what I can do. I made an issue for further enhancements for the local artwork retrieval logic, and added this in. Will try to get it done for this release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom