What new feature do you want most? (1 Viewer)

What new feature do you want most?

• Filtering on the GUI (by genre, year, watched flag, etc.)

Votes: 70 40.0%
  • Localization (i.e. multilingual support)

Votes: 36 20.6%
  • Additional data providers (IMDB, impawards.com, scriptable)

Votes: 66 37.7%
  • Logo support ala TV-Series (mediainfo.dll integration)

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Better movie backdrop (fanart) support (in GUI, menu to select and download ala TV-Series)

Votes: 63 36.0%
  • Something else (post details below)

Votes: 17 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero9

Portal Member
March 9, 2008
watched flags is very important !!!

+

i miss the resume playback feature from the build in video plugin

drullens

Portal Pro
October 28, 2004
Dongen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Delete a movie

Hi,

I'm looking forward to the next version! Great work so far, I really like the plugin. What I would like is to be able to delete a movie when I've watched it. So not just a "watched" flag, but an option to completely delete it from the database and the disk (incl. artwork).

Gr, Dave

psiebe

Portal Pro
March 29, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I can confirm, deleting a movie from the GUI would be very convenient and desirable

adding multiple grabbers (moviemeter.nl) and grouping / filtering will bring it beyond the capabilities of MyFilms, which I currently still use
adding automated watched status and resume playback as in the build in functionality will make it ultimate...

marvenius

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Belgium
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
As an additional feature for the configuration screen: a preview (as with the covers) of the backdrop that is used.
I could also imagine a thumb preview with a large view with a hover-ish control? And while I'm at it, a backdrop selector when there are multiple ones.

Kingmob

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Rotterdam
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Maybe i'm missing this feature, but an easy way to add a dvd? Currently i've tried adding my dvd-drive as a source, marked removable. Then if I put in a dvd, i can search manually and the movie is entered. This seems a lot of work for a simple operation, although it does work.
Without dvd support i cannot really use the plugin, even though it looks much better than my films :(

Boiler

Portal Pro
July 29, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
okay here are a couple more feature requests

- movie importer: add the possibility to use either original or international title to be imported to the library

- multi part movies (either iso or avi): how about adding the possibility to choose which part to play? in mediaportal -> moving pictures -> movie abc there could be the option to play all, part 1 or part 2 (or dvd 1 or dvd 2) this could also come in handy for bonus dvd's etc).

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Maybe i'm missing this feature, but an easy way to add a dvd? Currently i've tried adding my dvd-drive as a source, marked removable. Then if I put in a dvd, i can search manually and the movie is entered. This seems a lot of work for a simple operation, although it does work.
Without dvd support i cannot really use the plugin, even though it looks much better than my films :(

Good point, I will take a look at the file system watcher. It should be immediately picking up new DVDs inserted into a drive if that is marked as a watch folder. New issue for tracking is here.

@Boiler:
I responded to your requests in your other post. Both are good points though and will be worked on as soon as we can get to them.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    If you decide to put in a "delete" function, please add an optional pin code for that. Pin code option would be great for all GUI options that deletes/changes items in the database. Otherwise I see a lot of "spousal abuse". Or your kids/pets can delete your movies...

Emph

Kingmob

Portal Pro
    August 27, 2007
    Rotterdam
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Good point, I will take a look at the file system watcher. It should be immediately picking up new DVDs inserted into a drive if that is marked as a watch folder. New issue for tracking is here.
    I think you misunderstood my post (or I misunderstood your answer ;)). What you describe appears to be working, but is a very awkward way of filling the database. I'd like to be able to fill the database with all my dvds in a quick way. preferably by entering some list of names (i have an ant database, so I guess it should be possible to export such a list to an ascii file), but one by one would be fine as well, since that is much less work for you to code.

Basically, i think the plugin needs a "manual insert". You tell the program that you are adding a movie, fill in it's origin (where DVD, instead of a drive letter would be great, in case it'd ever change), fill in the movie name and let the plugin work its magic.

I realize this is out of your original scope, but since it still only focusses on movies and adds functionality that is also useful inside your scope, i tihnk it still applies. Personally i think dvd support is important, i cannot believe i am the only one with a mixed assortment of hd and dvd movies.

I will add it to the issue tracker.

Oh and :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom