What new feature do you want most? (2 Viewers)

What new feature do you want most?

• Filtering on the GUI (by genre, year, watched flag, etc.)

Votes: 70 40.0%
  • Localization (i.e. multilingual support)

Votes: 36 20.6%
  • Additional data providers (IMDB, impawards.com, scriptable)

Votes: 66 37.7%
  • Logo support ala TV-Series (mediainfo.dll integration)

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Better movie backdrop (fanart) support (in GUI, menu to select and download ala TV-Series)

Votes: 63 36.0%
  • Something else (post details below)

Votes: 17 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hrmm, have you tried the plug-in yet? I plan on doing a users guide that covers some more advanced topics like using pre-existing movie backdrops, but for general use it should work strait out of the box. Install, set watch folder, and go.

Again, a user's guide is coming, but I am curious which parts you have had trouble with.

quanfer

Portal Member
December 13, 2007
I'm not sure if there are others who would like this feature request, but I really like how XBMC functions in the movies (and tv series) showcase view. I don't know if this is because of the skin or plugin, but what happens is that its like moving pictures filmstrip view, except that the backdrop is cycling through a folder of random pictures. and when you hover over a poster for a few seconds, it moves to the description, and the backdrop for that respective movie comes up. I would probably use XBMC for this effect, but Mediaportal and its great plugins and developers makes setting up databases so much easier.

Also, is there a way to set the default view as filmstrip, or set a default backdrop for movies that don't have one? If not, that would be my other feature request. =D.

marvenius

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Belgium
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Also, is there a way to set the default view as filmstrip? If not, that would be my other feature request. =D.

You can set the default view in the configuration screen of Moving Pictures.

Your other request is sort of done when there is no backdrop for the movie. See this post:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ic-beta-0-5-4-a-44508/index20.html#post302533
It requires some manual editing at this moment and I don not know if this is going to be a feature ;-)

quanfer

Portal Member
December 13, 2007
Is it possible to have the screen centered when you're scrolling in filmstrip mode?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
In the latest MediaPortal SVN it is possible, but it requires a skin change. See this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom