What Skin do you like mostly ? (1 Viewer)

What Skin do you like mostly ?

• mce

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crystal center

• Naley Evo

• Silicon

• Total voters

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It was verry intrested to experience what kind of Skin you mostly like,
    for making new Skins.

What do you think about the XBMC Skin Project Meyham should it be ported ?

Harley

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    I am using CrystalCenter because of its nice colors. MCE looks a bit plain IMHO. I had Silicon for a while, but I removed it sometime ago when reinstalling MP and did not put it back. And to be honest I never tried the Naley skins :oops:

I am thinking about switching to MetalMedia, because I finally found a background that is usable with MetalMedia (I really don't like the standard provide background).

-- edit --
    I had a look at the Project Mayhem skin, but I don't really like it. From the xmbc skins that are available on http://allxboxskins.com BlackBlue seems to be the nicest.

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

i really like and therefor use MCE. Good contrast, good colours. I especially like the my TV section. With the small TV window on every site.

From Naley evolution i realy like the main menu on the right side. Fits perfect and looks fine.

Flip.

A

Anonymous

since mce is out i only use that one, because it is the slickest i think :)

i never really liked project mayhem for xbmc.
    my xmbc uses the blackblue skin which is really nice.

so if you want to port a skin from xbmc, then you should take a look
    at blackblue =)

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I use MCE, it seems to be the best for display on a TV, Crystal Centre's bright middle section causes some reading difficulties on some screens.

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    I really like your skin naley evo best.
    But at the moment it is very difficult for skinners to keep up to date, I think. So I switch back to mce or crystal center which both are good too. Silicon was optically very appealing but had to few contrast between text and background. I never liked metalmedia (sorry)
    Project mayham is not my skin. Colours are too sad.

tomtom21000

A

Anonymous

I like MCE best. It is clean and sharp and views reasonably well on TV.

One thing I don't like about most of the skins is that they use photos of items - such as a camera or a radio etc for the backdrop image. I would prefer a drawn picture or icon with no specific brand. Eg, in MCE the newspaper is a language foreign to my own.

Also, though I am sure they wouldn't port well at all, the HDeeTV theme from Meedio (I know, I know) is very nice and may provide some inspiration, and the Xtuned skin for Xlobby (sorry - no screenshots other than on the widescreen telly on the main Xlobby page) may also give some food for artistic thought.

A

Anonymous

goosey said:
    One thing I don't like about most of the skins is that they use photos of items - such as a camera or a radio etc for the backdrop image. I would prefer a drawn picture or icon with no specific brand..

Agree :)

Regarding the skin I use, well I actually use MCE :) but then again, I made the skin because I wanted the look on my HTPC to be like that. But I really hope that there are more skins in the future that will blow our minds :)

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    :) I love the mce Skin too because he looks verry good on TV
    and :wink: i love the Naley Evo because it´s from me.

:D Harley

Users who are viewing this thread