What's happening with hometvserver and MCE-client for TV-server? (1 Viewer)

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
February 4, 2009
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: What's happening with hometvserver and MCE-client for TV-server?

No it's not cancelled, we are working on it, but two other projects around MP TV Server have higher priority :)

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: What's happening with hometvserver and MCE-client for TV-server?

Came across this when I was going to install MP-TVviewer on one of my laptops, and I really like the idea of a plugin for TV-server in Windows Media Center, but hometvserver.codeplex.com no longer excists. Is the project canceled?

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...v-your-desktop-2010-01-30-a-76570/#post566246

the project is not died
    some devs means it should have an new name and clean code history so they have create an new one
    the old hometvserver was not more needed and it is deleted

but it give now 2 ways
    1. as refernce can you see on

(MediaCenter Client for TV Server | Get MediaCenter Client for TV Server at SourceForge.net
    is an native way try but it works only with the custom tv server from there )

2. is at time not public, but it will come on codeplex

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanks for the update, got worried when the entire project was gone from Codeplex. :)

Koen Zomers

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2010
    Twente, Overijssel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi guys,

looks like a superb extension to Windows Media Center. I just tried the installer from SourceForge, but due to the lack of ANY documentation, I have no idea what to enter in what format into the Active TvServer Stream Client textbox. I'm a Microsoft .NET developer myself, so would you mind sharing the sourcecode of this piece of software?

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The current state don't work! It's an old testversion, but we are currently developing a new version.

The greatest amount of work is the MCML UI, if you know MCML i'm sure KayDiefenthal will give you everything you need to help him.

Koen Zomers

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2010
    Twente, Overijssel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm not familiar with MCML, but I had it on my todo list to develop an extension to WMC7 for a long time already, so I'm willing to learn :) Perhaps I can assist you guys in the development of this extension?

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well may be you can ;) But as i said before the hardest work is the MCML part which is done by Kay, so you should talk to him whether you can help him or not.

I'm only the coder cause i hate the freaking mcml shit :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom