What's happening with hometvserver and MCE-client for TV-server? (1 Viewer)

Koen Zomers

Portal Pro
November 7, 2010
Twente, Overijssel
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Kay, thanks for your reply. Mein Deutsch is auch nicht gut genug. Perhaps Mike can translate stuff when needed? What's the status of this project? Are you the one that is leading it? Is there a todo list? I haven't been involved with SourceForge development yet, so what do I need to connect to the code repository from Visual Studio? Is that the SVN plugin?

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
February 4, 2009
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Well of course i can try to translate the conversations if their is a problem, but it will be quite complex cause Kay have to tell you much about the mcml stuff.
That's because mcml isn't documented really good...

But i think we should try it ;)

To connect to Sourceforge you need TortoiseSVN (it's an context menu extension for the explorer).

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: What's happening with hometvserver and MCE-client for TV-server?

i use tortoise svn as client but it not works as vs svn client
    TortoiseSVN downloads | TortoiseSVN

anksvn is an svn client too but it works as vs plugin
    ankhsvn: Subversion Support for Visual Studio

download code can everyone ( Checkout )
    for upload code (CheckIn) you must have an sourceforge acount
    i need then your nick name for adding you as project member

the status is an good ask
    we (mike and i ) build something here and something there
    the reason is sometimes give it problems they need time to get ideas for fix that

Koen Zomers

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2010
    Twente, Overijssel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for your responses guys. I've used Tortoise SVN before at customer sites. I'm not too fond of it, but guess we'll have to cope with it. I'll try to connect to the code repository at SourceForge later today and see what you guys have made so far.

As background information for me, what is the technique used to connect to the Media Portal TV stream? Are you using a plugin for that? Is the idea just to tie the plugin viewer into a fancy Windows Media Center 7 jacket and display it in the menu or is there more to it?

A friend of mine spent a half year on Media Center development. I'll check with him on documentation on the media center development.

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    what is the technique used to connect to the Media Portal TV stream?
    We use two different webservices. One is currently not published(i'm working on implementing it in the media center) and the other is the mpwebservice by gemx.

The Stream is played with the help of the tsreader DirectShow Filter.

Our main goal is to use the same style like the original TV Part in the Media Center but with all features the TV Server provides. But currently we mainly try to implement all important features in one AddIn.

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: What's happening with hometvserver and MCE-client for TV-server?

@ mike all features in two plugins
    Radio and Television :)

small info for tsreader

we have some custom reg entries
    this must be add

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ts]
    "Source Filter"="{b9559486-e1bb-45d3-a2a2-9a7afe49b23f}"
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\tp]
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\tsbuffer]
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\rtsp]

as next step you must the Firewall configure
    ehshell needs network communication to play an rtsp:// url from server

Koen Zomers

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2010
    Twente, Overijssel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    We use two different webservices. One is currently not published(i'm working on implementing it in the media center) and the other is the mpwebservice by gemx.

You mean this one? What is this one used for? To gather information from MediaPortal Server? I believe I have read that the latest Media Portal 1.1.1 release includes REST compatible webservices itself already. Can't we use those instead?

The Stream is played with the help of the tsreader DirectShow Filter.

You mean this one? How are you using it in your C# code? Is it an ActiveX component or something?

Our main goal is to use the same style like the original TV Part in the Media Center but with all features the TV Server provides. But currently we mainly try to implement all important features in one AddIn.

Sounds like a superb goal. Hope it's possible.

I don't see the change to check out the sourcecode at SourceForge anymore today. Hopefully I'll find a chance later this week.

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What is this one used for?
    The webservice implements all features provided by TV Server and we use it, cause we can't use the MP Libs directly while there are not signed by MP Team.
    I believe I have read that the latest Media Portal 1.1.1 release includes REST compatible webservices itself already.
    Haven't heard anything about that.
    How are you using it in your C# code?
    We don't have to do much with it. It's all done by Windows Media Center( it's based in DirectShow infrastructure) And the TSReader.ax file is provided by MP Team too ;)

Koen Zomers

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2010
    Twente, Overijssel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've been digging a little deeper into the possibilities of the Media Portal stuff on this forum. Is is true that you're basing your code on the webservices in this topic? I just had a look at the sourcecode behind it and it surely needs some rework before it can be used. Instead of creating our own branch of it, I will try to intervene with the creator of the webservice in that topic to assist him/her in improving it. IMHO it needs to be solid and reliable before we can create a product that is based on it.

I posted my concerns and offer of a helping hand in this post.

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes it's true. But as i said before, i'm working on implementing another webservice which is much more reliable and is in active development.

It's the basis of another TV Viewer (which is currently developed by me).

The webservice is totally based on the TVBusinessLayer and provides all of it's features trough a WCF service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom