When system is send to standby directly from TV it hangs when coming back (1 Viewer)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hm - this deos in priciple dp teh same as teh MPStatit Plugin which would be fine for me (if I ever will get MP in a working state that is ...

Currentyl the whole system is running amok - databases are dying on the fly - system wont come over plugin loading, shutdown handle and startup making me cracy - well - this is one case of "verschlechtbessern" which would mean make it new to make it worse ... but the fight is ongoing :)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    tried this already - but doesn't solve teh issue - it seems for me as if the SQLite get's inkonsistent wehn doing a resume and "killing" teh MP exe during sending the unit to sleep - I see tons of memory exception errors - meanwhile I'm near the point to kick the whole installatrion and start from scratch ...

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Yep - what I found one of teh troublemakers is teh Powerscheduler Plugin. I did a complete reinstall and as soon it was enabled sytem was absolutely unresponsive. When disabled at least you can go back to teh TV screen and start TV manually. Will try your File next.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    So - after a complete reinstall and playing around with several settings - well - it's not what I like. One of the big troublemakers is the powersheduler+ - when installed the system "freezes" with the last viewed picture and is not responsive at all - killing it is the only way - best to reboot. When disabled still I get a frozen picture when coming back from resume but at least it's responding. Turning TV on by hand results in a 2 seconds working state and then TV shuts of itself. As the system still is responding I tried to shut MP down but it freezes with the shutdown picture. Killing and starting it solves this and everything is working again.

I respect every work done for 1.4 and there are tons of benefits - but removing the restart after resume option is the worst thing done without having a proper resume / shutdown mechanism in place. I understand that a lot of the "workarounds" have been removed and for a good reason - but as it is now 1.4 is a not usable system for me. so - until this issues are really solved (and as far I can see I'm not the only one having this issues) giving this option back ASAP is the best way to help us.

Last edited:

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Does your setup work correctly without 3rd party plugins? You say that PowerScheduler++ is causing your issues?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom