When system is send to standby directly from TV it hangs when coming back (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    About dll, i think it's because the dll is 1.3.100.0 and not 1.4.0 :)
    Seco can you rebuild it with \Tools\InstallationScriptsDeployToolUnPacker-x64.nsi ?
    Or i can do that if you supply the patch :)

About stocks plugins :
    \plugins\process\ProcessPlugins.dll
    \plugins\subtitle\SubtitlePlugins.dll
    \plugins\Windows\Dialogs.dll
    \plugins\Windows\WindowPlugins.dll

and for TV, you need in \plugins\Windows\TvPlugin.dll

With this, you run MP with core based plugins because even disable some plugin can be actived (it shouldn't but who know).

Also you should not have both plugin in MP root folder and Plugins folder.

So a good test after above one, will be to rename your MP folder : ex : 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal' to C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal.Backup'.

Then try full MP installer and stop it.
    Go to : C:\Users\Sebastien\AppData\Local\Temp\MediaPortal Installation\deploy\package-mediaportal.exe
    And run : package-mediaportal.exe and package-tvengine.exe (it wil upgrade your installation but will do clean dll/exe etc. for MP Root folder, like this we can be sure your run MP with stuck files).

Try with Full 1.4.0 installer first and then you do the same with other full installer (like the one i have build for v13 bin).

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have rebuild the dll and remove the one from Seco's post.
    Based on Seco's fix but with correct 1.4.0 version number :)

Attachments

• Common.Utils_Seco_Fix_1.4.0.zip
      9.2 KB

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    so - here we go ...

Just to clarify this - curretly I'm using the patched common.utils and you V14Modfiles (only the files - not the installer) over a basic 1.4 installation. I'm now getting the ts reader message too when I do a resume - need to exit it which - in my case - starts TV automatically again (I have set start TV and fullscreen in teh config) - full screnn it does not do. What I have nw seen is that the TVservice tells me that it is in closing status - which also is indicated when I tried to run the rcommened installation afterwards (it stops in "waiting for tv service to stop"). The MP Installation I have done now waiting for TV service and will do the Test again.

Ah - yes - with the patched dll MP does not seem to create a new logfile after every start like it does before.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    So this happens when TV is on and you put your system sleep and then resume?

Does "normal" sleep & resume work, that is TV is OFF before system goes to sleep.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    OK - found the Plugin causing MP to crash - it's Browse The Web ... when disabled MP crashes after resume. With the modified dll it doesn't.[DOUBLEPOST=1374172421][/DOUBLEPOST]
    So this happens when TV is on and you put your system sleep and then resume?

Does "normal" sleep & resume work, that is TV is OFF before system goes to sleep.

Do you mean teh tvservice - yes - it's showing Status "stopping" even when TV was not running after resume - still TV does work (I have now reinstalled 1.4 over the existing installation and using the original dll - still all plugins disabled). When I try to sop it (over Taskmanager - right click - stop service) it tells me it can't be stopped (o it's showing "stopping" but the stop dialog is still present" as it can't accept any messages.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    so next try will be with stock mp plugins and with all other stuff removed :)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    so next try will be with stock mp plugins and with all other stuff removed :)
    Well - after the first reboot the system crashed after first resume - after that always (reboot and resume) MP displays a frozen screen. TVService shows "waiting for stoping"[DOUBLEPOST=1374183210][/DOUBLEPOST]And when I disable the Powerschedluer Plugin (on teh Client side) it passes me through to teh TV Menue with TS not playible message but system responds - and - TVService shows shutting down ...

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Is it with my dll or with 1.4.0 ? , it seems my dll didn't work correctly for another guy.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    So - here are the logs with your three modfiles. When I use these first time I go a black screen with 2 seconds sounds and afterwards only black screen. TVService was first time stopped, the other two times in stopping status.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom