When system is send to standby directly from TV it hangs when coming back (2 Viewers)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    OK - that's a huge step forward ...

- I haveonly used the Fuiles V15 provided - not the installer - replaced them in Mediaportal and TV Server
    - when resuming TV starts playing back!
    - it seems as if there are some hickups (I can see them in teh Homepage - it flashes two or three times)
    - looking at the Services TVService still shows "stopping" state

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Can you retry with clean plugins (stock one) + V15 on top ?

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

- I haveonly used the Fuiles V15 provided - not the installer - replaced them in Mediaportal and TV Server

I can confirm, the installer is not up to date, only files :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Seems you have a lot of error on 'AtmoWinRemoteControl' and other plugins that why i would to know how it does with stock based plugins + v15 :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    - it seems as if there are some hickups (I can see them in teh Homepage - it flashes two or three times)
    Maybe it's related to plugin (error) and maybe also on multiple resume receive command

You mean in services.msc or in task manager -> service tab ?
    So if i undersrtand you, tvservice died ?

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

I've told you two times in this thread to do all testing without 3rd party plugins enabled, why don't you do that?

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

I've told you two times in this thread to do all testing without 3rd party plugins enabled, why don't you do that?

Ahm ... I do it always with both versions - a clean one and my working system - Do you have a problem with that? It's always easy to only check out for the "clean" MP install - but no one has one and if it does work on the MP only it doesn't mean that there are no issues as plugins may address things which wouldn't matter in a MP only installation (liek atmowin). So a little patient would be nice. It is not like I have two systems running the same time - I need to switch over to have a clan log.[DOUBLEPOST=1374223476][/DOUBLEPOST]So - here are the logs for the clean MP - with Power Scheduler enabled (Cklient Side) it again stuck on the TV screen. With Powerscheduler disabled it results in teh same way as before (TV Screen wit TV turned of - you can turn it on manually and it works again).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It's always easy to only check out for the "clean" MP install - but no one has one and if it does work on the MP only it doesn't mean that there are no issues as plugins may address things which wouldn't matter in a MP only installation (liek atmowin).
    The thing is that plugin developers are responsible for making their plugins work properly with MP, not the other way around. We should not add hacks or workarounds to make anybody's specific plugins work.
    It isn't that we don't care about plugins - this rule just saves us from infinite work. ;)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Maybe it's related to plugin (error) and maybe also on multiple resume receive command

You mean in services.msc or in task manager -> service tab ?
    So if i undersrtand you, tvservice died ?

No - it doesn't dies (checked in the msc too) but it seesm as someting is blocking it - it just stands there tellin "stopping" but MP is able to access it without problems[DOUBLEPOST=1374224176][/DOUBLEPOST]
    It's always easy to only check out for the "clean" MP install - but no one has one and if it does work on the MP only it doesn't mean that there are no issues as plugins may address things which wouldn't matter in a MP only installation (liek atmowin).
    The thing is that plugin developers are responsible for making their plugins work properly with MP, not the other way around. We should not add hacks or workarounds to make anybody's specific plugins work.
    It isn't that we don't care about plugins - this rule just saves us from infinite work. ;)

True enough - but when you check the logs you see that it's not only one one pluging throwing out errors after resume but a bunch of them (yes -some more than others but still) - so the question remains if there is something in MP causing this. I'm not speaking about hacks but keeping the over all view. Let me say it like this - when we roll out a patch in our company the user is not interested in what system we have tested it for he is just interested that it works on his system - if it doesn't we need to check - very often it's just a pebkac - but sometimes it's realy an error we didn't see in our testenvironment cause we never thought about this constalation. Sill - I'm never going to ask for a hack to make "my" sytem working. That's why I try to provide both logs. From the working system it's only faster cause i normaly don't use the test one for daily usage ;) - without my belolved plugins ...

So - I'm away for the weekend

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom