When system is send to standby directly from TV it hangs when coming back (2 Viewers)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    not 100%. When in Debug Mode still the TV is displaying the last seen picture - but you can switch back and start the TV (which is is stop mode after resume) manually and it seems to stay active.

With Powerscheduler in place you only can kill MP as it is not responding top any input. With Powerscheduler disabled it is responding but the TV stops after 2 sec when you start it manually.

--- OK - weired thing - I now wanted to get some more logs and the TV is now working as in Debug mode - still comes back with a frozen picture but at least responding and I'm able to turn it on - only thing is that when I want to shut MP down it freezes (logs attached) - but this might be an Plugikn issue.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have the same issue with blank screen on startup if tv was on when going into sleep but with the script i posted i have no more problems as it is fresh every time i turn on.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    not 100%. When in Debug Mode still the TV is displaying the last seen picture - but you can switch back and start the TV (which is is stop mode after resume) manually and it seems to stay active.

With Powerscheduler in place you only can kill MP as it is not responding top any input. With Powerscheduler disabled it is responding but the TV stops after 2 sec when you start it manually.

--- OK - weired thing - I now wanted to get some more logs and the TV is now working as in Debug mode - still comes back with a frozen picture but at least responding and I'm able to turn it on - only thing is that when I want to shut MP down it freezes (logs attached) - but this might be an Plugikn issue.

There are like dozen errors from various different 3rd party plugins in your logs.

Please test without any 3rd party plugins, otherwise it will be impossible to help.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I have the same issue with blank screen on startup if tv was on when going into sleep but with the script i posted i have no more problems as it is fresh every time i turn on.

Jep - the script works fine. But it kills MP and this is wht I want to avoid (using the killtask option)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

There are like dozen errors from various different 3rd party plugins in your logs.

Please test without any 3rd party plugins, otherwise it will be impossible to help.

Here is the Log ith all plugins disabled - funny enough MP crashes after resume ...

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    We need to figure out what is causing the following error. What I find funny here is that we have error logging that causes an error.

Code:
    [2013-07-18 14:16:03,068] [Log	] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - Exception: System.FormatException: Die Eingabezeichenfolge hat das falsche Format.
      bei System.Text.StringBuilder.FormatError()
      bei System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormat(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args)
      bei MediaPortal.Common.Utils.Logger.CommonLog4NetLogger.FormatException(Exception ex)
      bei MediaPortal.Common.Utils.Logger.CommonLog4NetLogger.Error(CommonLogType logType, Exception ex)
      bei MediaPortal.ServiceImplementations.Log4NetWrapper.Error(Exception ex)
      bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.Log.Error(Exception ex)
      bei MediaPortalApp.Main(String[] args)  Message: Die Eingabezeichenfolge hat das falsche Format.  Site  : Void FormatError()  Source : mscorlib  Stack Trace:	bei System.Text.StringBuilder.FormatError()
      bei System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormat(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args)
      bei MediaPortal.Common.Utils.Logger.CommonLog4NetLogger.FormatException(Exception ex)
      bei MediaPortal.Common.Utils.Logger.CommonLog4NetLogger.Error(CommonLogType logType, Exception ex)
      bei MediaPortal.ServiceImplementations.Log4NetWrapper.Error(Exception ex)
      bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.Log.Error(Exception ex)
      bei MediaPortalApp.Main(String[] args)

Unfortunately the whole logging system looks like an over-complex wrapper-in-wrapper implementation..

Last edited:

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Here is the Log ith all plugins disabled - funny enough MP crashes after resume ...

Can you please try the attached DLL and repeat what you did (without 3rd party plugins)

Rename Common.Utils.dll in MediaPortal installation directory to Common.Utils.bak and use the attached one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    It could be nice to remove dll from MP plugins folder and keep only basic one.
    But this test should be made after the seco's log dll testing :)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    It could be nice to remove dll from MP plugins folder and keep only basic one.
    But this test should be made after the seco's log dll testing :)

marvelous idea - but which are the basic plugins?

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    OK - this is new :)

- with the modified Common.Utils I git the splashscreen of my skin but the skin was Titan afterwards - restart was fine - after resume I got a ts not readable message (for teh fist time ever ...) and via Exit I could start TV again.
    - Changed teh Common.Util back to the original and - same behaviour but now with my skin
    - tried it once again ending up with a black screen - but when switching to Taskmanager I could see the TS message again.

What I'm going to try is to reboot the mache - it was always a resume so there could be something chached otherwise I have no explanation why the over all behaviour woud have changed.[DOUBLEPOST=1374164917][/DOUBLEPOST]Yep - confirmed - when doing a reboot it crashes again with the original Common.Utils :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom