WifiRemote for MP2 (1 Viewer)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Great about the supported features of MAS. Would it help you if I list all the calls we do to MAS, WSS and TAS? The supported number of functions in MPExt. is huge and we only use a subset.

I can divide it on acivity level, e.g. all the needed calls for getting series working. I guess you are using a new provider but keep all the other parameters the same?

WSS is used quite a lot, not only for streaming media. It resizes/stretches thumbs for all mediaitems. We need to get the thumbs in exact pixel dimension in order to not slow down download speed and smoothness of the gui.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great about the supported features of MAS. Would it help you if I list all the calls we do to MAS, WSS and TAS? The supported number of functions in MPExt. is huge and we only use a subset.
    Would speed things up :) So I would implement these functions first ;) I won't be at home most of today and tomorrow, but I will continue on Monday :)

I can divide it on acivity level, e.g. all the needed calls for getting series working. I guess you are using a new provider but keep all the other parameters the same?
    I don't know what you mean by this :)
    I copied the class "internal class NowPlayingSeries : IAdditionalNowPlayingInfo" from WifiRemote and changed everything inside NowPlayingSeries.
    I also had to chnage some types like SeriesId from int to string. So I hope you handle these things as a string internally. The Ids in MP2 are GUIDs and no ints.

But otherwise I rewrote most of the code. Especially the SocketServer. I reused a lot of it's code, but made it much more modular and expandable.

WSS is used quite a lot, not only for streaming media. It resizes/stretches thumbs for all mediaitems. We need to get the thumbs in exact pixel dimension in order to not slow down download speed and smoothness of the gui.
    Ok :) I don't want to start too much at the same time. So I will stick to MAS and WifiRemote for now :) But I keep it in mind^^

Anoter question:
    What is "DBSeries"?

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I meant that I can list the MAS, WSS etc calls we do per activity. E.g. We first start with Series and make this work before going to Movies and the other activities. So I start with listing series then since you started with those MAS requests

Not sure about string/int for ids. Need to check. But I can handle it so it will be fine with strings for MP2. I guess we need to do do some adjustmnts down the road when using MP2 or MP1 even though its good to keep as much as possible the same.

Dont know about DBSeries without checking the code.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I meant that I can list the MAS, WSS etc calls we do per activity. E.g. We first start with Series and make this work before going to Movies and the other activities. So I start with listing series then since you started with those MAS requests
    That would be great. No rush, I won't continue to work on this until Monday morning ;)

Not sure about string/int for ids. Need to check. But I can handle it so it will be fine with strings for MP2. I guess we need to do do some adjustmnts down the road when using MP2 or MP1 even though its good to keep as much as possible the same.

Dont know about DBSeries without checking the code.
    Would be great if you could check your code :)

I attached a new version + changelog :) I hope without crashes or anything else :D

We also have to think about the handling of multiple players... Because in MP2 we have PiP...

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for the new version, will check asap but I also normally don't have much time during weekends. Will try to get the list done for series before monday though.

Yes the multiple player handling will require some thought to get it user friendly in the remote and when starting media. I guess one need a button to switch between the two players and also user settings for what player to start at by default. Also the now playing message could give information also about the second player.

The command for starting media in MP2 will probably be only for MP2 and not backward compatible with MP1 anyway. So one could include parameters for how to start media, e.g. at what player.

Btw, I don't use MP2 myself. I only have it installed in a Windows Virtual machine and don't have tv cards there. I will probably not change to MP2 before I can fully use MPiV, comskip for tv and Netflix for Online videos. I guess different people have different need before being able to switch.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Series now displays now playing info.Playing music don't give crash and also correct np info.:)

Now when now playing is showing for Series... Can you fix the subtitle, audio track and aspect ratio commands?

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    So this is what we use in Series(apart from the streaming of media):
    MediaAccessService:
    • GetTVShowGenres
    • GetTVShowsBasic
    • GetTVShowDetailedById
    • GetTVSeasonsBasicForTVShow
    • GetTVSeasonCountForTVShow
    • GetTVEpisodesBasicForSeason
    • GetTVEpisodeDetailedById
    • GetTVEpisodeBasicById
    • GetExternalMediaInfo

StreamingService:
    • GetArtworkResized

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you fix the subtitle, audio track and aspect ratio commands?
    Not now. It has to be implemented into the Media Plugin first. It is a core component and plugins are not allowed to modify core components. That means I have to create a new branch and get it accepted first. The same for the home command and the other commands which are not working ;)

GetExternalMediaInfo
    I implemented all Api calls listed above except GetExternalMediaInfo and GetArtworkResized. I will now take a look into GetArtworkResized, but could you elaborate how GetExternalMediaInfo works in the meantime? I pas it an id, I guess this is the ID of the MediaItem, but than it returns a WebDictionary. This is basically a normal dictionary where I can define the keys as string, but what are these keys?

Hopefully I can post a testversion for you this evening :)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    About the commands not working now, suggest that you do that later since it's not so much bang for the buck. I think the main focus should be to get browsing and playing stuff working first.

The GetExternalMediaInfo is basically a container of additional data that can be useful for WifiRemote when playing/displaying the media in MP. In series it'a used for the show feature. E.g. the in MPiV selected serie gets selected in MP1 when pressing the Show button in MPiV remote. This is a nice to have feature and I suggest you can wait with that. But you can see it as a container for your use only when passing things between MAS and WifiRemote. I don't use the info myself, only pass it.

The GetArtworkResized is a much more needed feature. We use both stretch and border parameters. You can probably reuse code from MPExt. for this.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you fix the subtitle, audio track and aspect ratio commands?
    Not now. It has to be implemented into the Media Plugin first.
    I think this can be already be controlled by the public interfaces of the active player:
    Aspect ratio/Override:

AudioStream list/selection/current:
    Similar for subtitles:
    Here's an example how to control the player, I did this for the automatic effect selection based on resolution: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...EffectChanger/VideoEffectChanger.cs#L136-L151

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom