Win LIRC support (1 Viewer)

jadz

Portal Pro
August 30, 2004
Canada
Cellard said:

You would like the integration of a client that would connect to winLIRC?

winLIRC webpage said:
The WinLIRC server runs on TCP/IP port 8765. Up to 16 clients can be connected at any given time. Every time a signal is successfully decoded, the server will send a single line of ASCII text to all connected clients describing the button that was pressed. Lines are deliminated by a single newline character ('\n'). For example, a client might see the line:

I would have thought that someone would have made a winLIRC client to emulate keystrokes (this is all that would be needed). This can be made as a plugin. Source code for an example (C++) is available here.

I'll put this on my list of things to do. I was going to write up some documentation on getting remotes to work with Girder but I think this solution makes much more sence as girder isn't free and winLIRC is.

A

Anonymous

Thank you.

P.S. Now I use WinLirc -> Girder -> Media Portal, but WinLirc -> Media Portal is more easy.

A

Anonymous

jadz said:
I'll put this on my list of things to do. I was going to write up some documentation on getting remotes to work with Girder but I think this solution makes much more sence as girder isn't free and winLIRC is.

I love to see people that contribute, thanks, good to have you on board :)

jadz

Portal Pro
August 30, 2004
Canada
Getting there....

in_the_works.jpg

jadz

Portal Pro
August 30, 2004
Canada
Frodo,
I am, that is the setup window as called from in the Media Portal Configuration window.

Am I correct in that I can call

Code:
		/// <summary>
		/// OnAction() method. This method gets called when there's a new action like a 
		/// keypress or mousemove or... By overriding this method, the window can respond
		/// to any action
		/// </summary>
		/// <param name="action">action : contains the action</param>
		public virtual void OnAction(Action action)

to send the actions I want to map remote keys to? I can parse the keymap.xml file to find out what the current actions are, and then let the user map to each one?

-jadz

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the tv server startup being erratic. Approx 50% of the time on PC reboot from scratch the tv server process was showing "starting" but would never start and consequently neither would MP or MP Server Config...
Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the...
Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the...
Replies
Views
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ways-to-install-windows-11-e0edbbfb-cfc5-4011-868b-2ce77ac7c70e
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ways-to-install-windows-11-e0edbbfb-cfc5-4011-868b-2ce77ac7c70e
Not sure if this is the correct section to post but is there any advantage in updating a Win 7 system to Win 10 I have run Win 7...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [solved] usb tuner not listed DE
Installed LAV filters and codec and now it works,
Installed LAV filters and codec and now it works,
New install win 11. have hauppauge 955q usb tuner astc. I see it in device manager under sound video game controllers. i did...
Replies
Views
And if you use the comskip plugin, the file is locked during the process of comm removal. ;)
And if you use the comskip plugin, the file is locked during the process of comm removal. ;)
I'm about to do a Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade on a disk that has 2 partitions. The second partition holds all the recorded tv files so...
Replies
Views
Yes correct that would have solved it. I guess I was more interested in finding out what I had done to cause the problem as the error message was of no help. By deleting everything I wouldn't have known so it was a learning curve for future reference. Fully understood I thought that might be the case. I also had some issues with...
Yes correct that would have solved it. I guess I was more interested in finding out what I had done to cause the problem as the...
I've just updated to Win 10 on a second drive and am installing MP 1.31. Having a bit of trouble with the install with the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom