Win LIRC support (1 Viewer)

jadz

Portal Pro
August 30, 2004
Canada
Cellard said:
You would like the integration of a client that would connect to winLIRC?

winLIRC webpage said:
The WinLIRC server runs on TCP/IP port 8765. Up to 16 clients can be connected at any given time. Every time a signal is successfully decoded, the server will send a single line of ASCII text to all connected clients describing the button that was pressed. Lines are deliminated by a single newline character ('\n'). For example, a client might see the line:

I would have thought that someone would have made a winLIRC client to emulate keystrokes (this is all that would be needed). This can be made as a plugin. Source code for an example (C++) is available here.

I'll put this on my list of things to do. I was going to write up some documentation on getting remotes to work with Girder but I think this solution makes much more sence as girder isn't free and winLIRC is.

A

Anonymous

Thank you.

P.S. Now I use WinLirc -> Girder -> Media Portal, but WinLirc -> Media Portal is more easy.

A

Anonymous

jadz said:
I'll put this on my list of things to do. I was going to write up some documentation on getting remotes to work with Girder but I think this solution makes much more sence as girder isn't free and winLIRC is.
I love to see people that contribute, thanks, good to have you on board :)

jadz

Portal Pro
August 30, 2004
Canada
Frodo,
I am, that is the setup window as called from in the Media Portal Configuration window.

Am I correct in that I can call

Code:
		/// <summary>
		/// OnAction() method. This method gets called when there's a new action like a 
		/// keypress or mousemove or... By overriding this method, the window can respond
		/// to any action
		/// </summary>
		/// <param name="action">action : contains the action</param>
		public virtual void OnAction(Action action)
to send the actions I want to map remote keys to? I can parse the keymap.xml file to find out what the current actions are, and then let the user map to each one?

-jadz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
cerberus Erfahrungsbericht Upgrade Win 10.1909 MP 1.24 Installationsprobleme? 2
rsbrux Operating System Win 10 vs. 8.1 Operating System 2
D Unable to install 1.22 on Win 10 Newcomers Forum 9
C DVB-C Empfänger Hauppauge Win TV dual wird in Media Portal nicht aktiviert TV / Streaming 1
joecrow Win 10 crash, hang and freeze with USB Tuner. General Support 13
L WinTV HVR 5500 HD mit Win TV V8.5 software findet keine Kanäle 3rd Party Software 0
joecrow [solved] (Solved) Win 10 1809 Woes General Support 4
haaitje Crashes when trying to add lyrics MPTagThat 0
Patrik-See Win 10 Benutzer bei verschiedenen Clients Betriebssysteme 4
C Ceton InfiniTV Eth first time install on Win 8 Pro Newcomers Forum 12
S Why open source fails and Integration wins for complex programs General 15
Steve.Rayner61 TV "Unable to play" on Client - Working until Win 10 Server upgraded to Version 1803 Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 5
T Mediaportal 1.18 on win 10 issue with Kodi as client server General Support 8
D Ver 1.18 on Win 10 question General Support 15
CyberSimian Support for control.isvisible() in expressions MediaPortal 1 8
morpheus_xx [WiP] OnlineVideos: New browser based playback support using WebDriver, new Amazon siteutil MediaPortal 2 6
M 2nd (Touch-)Display Support on MediaPortal 2 such MPDisplay++? General 2
J Support waipu TV TV-Server 0
doskabouter WebDAV support OnlineVideos 0
K Multichannel audio and subtitles for TV not properly supported General Support 4
CyberSimian Support pack for Ortek VRC-1100 and Hama 00052451 Remotes 6
cbr954rr [Finished] [MP2-801] Support for tag image extraction Archive 7
catavolt [solved] FanartHandler - Skin - Holiday and Spotlight support Fanart Handler 5
C Drive Type is not supported by system Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 3
raffe [solved] Export tool and import support from MP-TVSeries & Moving Pictures to MP2 General 22