Win LIRC support (1 Viewer)

jadz

Portal Pro
August 30, 2004
Canada
Cellard said:

You would like the integration of a client that would connect to winLIRC?

winLIRC webpage said:
The WinLIRC server runs on TCP/IP port 8765. Up to 16 clients can be connected at any given time. Every time a signal is successfully decoded, the server will send a single line of ASCII text to all connected clients describing the button that was pressed. Lines are deliminated by a single newline character ('\n'). For example, a client might see the line:

I would have thought that someone would have made a winLIRC client to emulate keystrokes (this is all that would be needed). This can be made as a plugin. Source code for an example (C++) is available here.

I'll put this on my list of things to do. I was going to write up some documentation on getting remotes to work with Girder but I think this solution makes much more sence as girder isn't free and winLIRC is.

A

Anonymous

Thank you.

P.S. Now I use WinLirc -> Girder -> Media Portal, but WinLirc -> Media Portal is more easy.

A

Anonymous

jadz said:
I'll put this on my list of things to do. I was going to write up some documentation on getting remotes to work with Girder but I think this solution makes much more sence as girder isn't free and winLIRC is.

I love to see people that contribute, thanks, good to have you on board :)

jadz

Portal Pro
August 30, 2004
Canada
Getting there....

in_the_works.jpg

jadz

Portal Pro
August 30, 2004
Canada
Frodo,
I am, that is the setup window as called from in the Media Portal Configuration window.

Am I correct in that I can call

Code:
		/// <summary>
		/// OnAction() method. This method gets called when there's a new action like a 
		/// keypress or mousemove or... By overriding this method, the window can respond
		/// to any action
		/// </summary>
		/// <param name="action">action : contains the action</param>
		public virtual void OnAction(Action action)

to send the actions I want to map remote keys to? I can parse the keymap.xml file to find out what the current actions are, and then let the user map to each one?

-jadz

Users who are viewing this thread