Win10 falls creators update problems watching videos (1 Viewer)

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just to be sure, an alt+enter to switch MP to windowed didn't works right ?
    If I press Alt+enter when the screen is black the display returns (with MP windowed).
    If MP is running windowed the problem doesn't happen (it will sleep and resume without having the black screen).
    The problem only seems to happen on my system if MP is running full-screen (which is obviously how I want it to be on an HTPC).
    I wonder if it could be made to run windowed but borderless so it looks like full screen.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks for confirming :p
    So the GPU Device is always linked to MP this is good, i really need to reproduce it to try to do some WIP code :p

spitjo

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Udine
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I changed today my tv and started having the black screen after resum issue. Never had it before with an old samsung lcd. now with a brand new samsung 4k led tv i have it. both are using hdmi on a intel hd4600 card. the only way to solve it is to open a program on the main screen (tv is the secondary) and to minimize or maximize the other program window. i tested all possible configurations, with or without dynamic refresh rate, madvr, evr, vmr9.... no way. always black screen. i can produce some logs if useful. i really hope there will be a fix

spitjo

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Udine
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I have a perfect workaround using ir server suite translator.
    Create a vbs file containing the following code
    Code:
    Set shell = wscript.CreateObject("Shell.Application")
    Shell.ToggleDesktop
    save it somewhere.
    Create a new macro in the irss translator with following items:
    - execute a program, the vbs, with shell execute option flagged
    - 500ms pause
    - execute a program, the vbs, with shell execute option flagged
    In irss translator events create an entry that execute the newly created macro on pc resume
    voila
    no more black screen on resume

basically it give a "show desktop" command 2 times with the pause in the middle

spitjo

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Udine
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Is madvr mandatory to gain some benefit from your hack? Cause with mdvr i can't achieve same video smoothness i have with evr+dynamic rr

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom