Win10 falls creators update problems watching videos (4 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Have you tried different output formats eg RGB over YCbCr?
    Interesting you should say that, I normally use Full RGB although the default on a fresh install of the drivers is YCbCr but noticed, that when I changed the setting the difference was not so pronounced, normally the blacks are much stronger, but this was not the case. I have tried both of the drivers with 1703 and they work as expected there. What is 1709 doing to the colour among other things?o_O

zdeny

Portal Member
    May 29, 2008
    This worked for me - not a real solution but a workaround to stop screen's flickering:
    Create a windows task scheduler's task, which after resume from standby starts and closes a cmd.exe window. That stops the flickering.
    Attached is a xml file for import this task into the task scheduler (change the user in task to actual user).

Attachments

• MP_CUF_Workaround.xml
      3.9 KB
    Last edited:

Statick

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    creators update 1709 has killed MP for me. I have Intel HD Graphics 630.

upon starting MP I get the usual startup screen, then before the main menu appears the screen just goes black. it stays black for about 20 seconds, then MP shuts down and windows explorer restarts (I see the windows sign-in page again, and then a fresh windows desktop appears without my previous windows open)

checking device manager shows the display adaptor with an error, code 43 (windows has stopped this device), so windows is now using the generic vga driver

MP runs after this, but of course playing videos is impossible using a generic driver. rebooting brings the correct driver back.

other video software (MPC-HC, windows video player, etc) works fine, it just seems to be MP that's doing this. worked perfectly prior to the update. I have checked and updated drivers, and tried to run the windows hotfix posted earlier in the thread (said it doesn't apply to my computer).

Last edited:

atlantic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 9, 2008
    Rennes
    Home Country
    France France
    i updated inte drivers just now, from website intel. solved some display issues for me
    I don't have this chance. I have updated my Intel's driver too. On resume from stanby, my display stays black.
    If I press the Windows button on my keyboard, or the mute button, my screen is refreshed and now I can see the Mediaportal front end.
    The only solution is it to downgrade Windows?

Freuli

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2007
    Hi,
    is anyone from Dev Team working on that issue. Spent last night in front of my HTPC instead of sleeping. I love Microsoft ;-)
    In case of any test version would be available, I woul be ready.

I have the black screns if the frequency of the screen is changed and also switching on my AV Receiver. Double press on windows key is a workaround.

Thanks an merry x-mas to all of you!

Markus

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Not much :( because is more an issue with windows and directX :(
    I wasn't able to reproduce it on my side but i'm using an NVIDIA GPU so lucky me :p
    Maybe you can try the madVR build and see if it make a difference for you.

Last edited:

Freuli

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2007
    Hi Sebastiii,##I installed the latest version. I tried to play a mkv and got the failure
    abspielen nicht möglich
    video codec: mpeg video version 2
    Audio codec: ac-3

Do I have to install something else?

How can I get the settings for madVR?

Thanks
    Markus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom