Win10 falls creators update problems watching videos (2 Viewers)

Aucherie

Portal Member
May 6, 2013
Home Country
Canada Canada
For the record, after being updated to Windows 1709, my problem is that starting MP 1.12 crashes an Intel HD display 5000 adapter in a NUC PC. This results in a black screen that reverts to the desktop in a few seconds. The display adapter shows a "403 error" that can be cleared by restarting the PC. Other programs such as Kodi and VLC seem to work normally. I have tried other versions on the Intel driver and some of the suggestions for a fix in this thread and those on other forums with no success. I was going to update to MP 1.18, but it appears from this thread that this is not a solution. Since the problem seems to be fairly common, I think I will wait for the next Windows update to see if there is a fix. If not, I'll have to consider rolling back W10 or giving up on MP(gasp!).

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have a friend with the 'disable fullscreen...." option checked, he was getting the black screen but seems to be related to audio codec (DTS-HD etc.) with mpeg audio it works.
    Still i think MS need to fix this :p

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This options was removed, but i remember some guys doing it by a script in task scheduler :p
    Cunning plan, thanks for the suggestion :)
    I made a workaround using two tasks:
    - one to run immediately on resume to close MP with TASKKILL /IM MediaPortal.exe
    - one to run on resume but with a 1 second delay to run MP again.

Works well until MS fix it or a better solution is found.

BTW, to make a scheduled task run on resume from sleep, in the trigger choose "on an event", log "system", source "power-troubleshooter", event ID 1.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    There is a KB :)

What’s fixed in KB4048955 update build 16299.64 for Windows 10 version 1709
    • Addressed issue that causes the Mixed Reality Portal to stop responding on launch.
    • Addressed issue that causes a black screen to appear when you switch between windowed and full-screen modes when playing some Microsoft DirectX games.
    • Windows 10 update KB4048955 fixed a compatibility issue that occurs when you play back a Game DVR PC recording using Android or iOS devices.
    • Addressed issue where the functional keys stop working on Microsoft Designer Keyboards.
    • Addressed issue to ensure that certain USB devices and head-mounted displays (HMD) are enumerated properly after the system wakes up from Connected Standby.
    • Windows 10 update KB4048955 fixed an issue where the virtual smart card doesn’t assess the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) vulnerability correctly.
    • Addressed issue where Get-StorageJob returns nothing when there are storage jobs running on the machine.
    • Windows 10 update KB4048955 fixed issue where applications based on the Microsoft JET Database Engine (Microsoft Access 2007 and older or non-Microsoft applications) fail when creating or opening Microsoft Excel .xls files. The error message is: “Unexpected error from external database driver (1). (Microsoft JET Database Engine)”.
    • Addressed issue where application tiles are missing from the Start menu. Additionally, applications that the Store app show as installed don’t appear on the application list of the Start menu. Computers that have Internet connectivity and upgrade on or after November 14, 2017 will receive this preventative solution and avoid this issue. Machines that lack network connectivity or have already encountered this issue should follow the steps in the Microsoft Answers thread “Missing apps after installing Windows 10 Fall Creators Update”. Microsoft will release and document an additional solution in a future release.
    • Addressed issue where Microsoft Edge cannot create a WARP support processand appears to stop responding for up to 3 seconds during a wait timeout. During the timeout period, users cannot navigate or interact with the requested page.
    • Security updates to Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows kernel, Internet Explorer, and Windows Media Player.
    Windows 10 v1709 update KB4048955 download links
    Download KB4048955 offline files (64Bit)
    Download KB4048955 offline files (32Bit)

So worth a try :)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It's a pity but the problem still exists. Update didn't help (at least on my system) :(

Same with me - no change.

I use Event Ghost to control MP, so my current workaround is to use EG to briefly display a text overlay on the screen - that wakes it up.

Interestingly just moving the mouse pointer around does not fix it, so the drawing operations for that must be done in a different way.

johnzered

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    The update didn't solve the issue for me either. Is Microsoft even aware of this issue, or can we make them aware? Any Insiders here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom