Win10 falls creators update problems watching videos (2 Viewers)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Owlsroost not sure if you seen the German thread about issues with refresh rate changer in MP2 with FCU installed.
    The issues are gone in newer insider builds, so there is a good chance that the problems mentioned here could be gone in newer builds as well. Could someone try to confirm this?
    It could be simply a bug in Windows were no code changes in MP could help...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The Insider build mentioned in the German thread is 17025 - Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17025 for PC - Windows Experience Blog

From the release notes, these two fixes might be relevant:

We fixed the issue where if you RDP into a PC running this build with certain GPU configurations, when you go to sign in to the PC locally it will appear stuck at a black screen with only the cursor available.

We fixed an issue where toggling some DX9/DX10/DX11 games between windowed and fullscreen (for example using Alt + Tab) could result in the game window become black on certain PCs.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    From the release notes, these two fixes might be relevant:
    Lets hope we get a fix released from MS soon. The fall update seems to have caused problems accross the board, In addition to here and I bet Intel graphics the Nvidia, AMD and Cybelink forums are full of it. Following my rollback to 1703 on my Desktop PC I have subsequently replaced the Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti with an AMD R7 260x and again updated to 1709 no problems so far using the latest AMD driver. Worth noting, though, that I cannot use the same AMD driver (17.10.3) on my still 1703 Win 10 HTPC as it causes intermittent black screen hangs and OS crashes on resume from sleep. There are some indications in both Nvidia and AMD forums that attempts to resolve the problem with FCU with the latest drivers is causing compatibilty problems with Win 10 1703 and earlier and or not so new GPUs.
    Its a mess.:rolleyes:

AlunS

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I'm busy downloading that update now, but noticed that it's also downloading a new version of the Intel Display Drivers too (23.20.16.4815 dated 19th October).

The new driver is only supposed to be needed for 8th gen Appollo Lake processors, but I wonder if that's what's fixed the problem rather than the Insiders update itself?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I can't reproduce the issue but did someone can try this setting like explain on Doom9 ? :)
    madVR - high quality video renderer (GPU assisted) - Page 2350 - Doom9's Forum

Originally Posted by clsid
    I have heard that this problem is going to be fixed in next Win10 cumulative update (next week).

Until then you can fix it by "disabling fullscreen optimizations" in the Windows compatiblity settings of your player.

upload_2017-11-1_15-22-44.png

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    Mine's doing the same after the Fall update. Resuming from sleep gives a black screen in MP. It is still working because I can press left, down, OK on the remote to close it, then the desktop appears. Scheduled recordings are working as they should. I've tried S3 standby and Hibernate, no different. New Intel graphics driver didn't help either. Hopefully MS will sort it out if it's affecting lots of other software as well.

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    I remember there being a "restart MediaPortal on resume" option somewhere - thought I'd try that as a workaround, but I can't find it. Does it still exist?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom