[confirm] Winamp not working in 1.1.0 RC3 (1 Viewer)

Tante Juut

Portal Member
November 8, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi, winamp as an external player is not working in my system. When it is selected all songs are skipping and there is only a "g" showing up in the winampplaylist. I have attached logfiles derived from debugmode.

Tante Juut

Portal Member
November 8, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
In the bugtracker list, the foobar connection was also broken. But.... the fix is planned for the future release of next year!!. Please fix this in the 1.1.0 version, or get rid of all the external players options in 1.1.0 for audio and video. I will stick to 1.0.2 if this problem will not be fixed this year.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Foobar plugin seems well ummm foobar'ed :) The date of next year just means there is no date specified for a future release, could be sooner, could be later....

Anyway, I have been meaning to get around to looking at the Winamp plugin. Are you saying this works for you on 1.0.2? Have you tried (or could you try) 1.1 RC1 or RC2 to see if it works there?

Tante Juut

Portal Member
    November 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello Jameson, I have only tried it with 1.0.2 (working) and 1.1.0 RC3 (not working). I'm sorry. I hope that it is easy to fix, because I use winamp a lot. I also use winamp because I have a program (signal) that can be used for controlling winamp with a PDA. That is the reason I want winamp support. I can power down my TV, and control winamp with this program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

TVE 3,5 as you noticed in my other Thread.
    TVE 3,5 as you noticed in my other Thread.
    Hello Folks, Although the New MediaPortal Version 2.5 looks great so far, it seems that it still has major Bugs? I created a...
    Replies
    Views
    It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing this change in MP 1.33! :)
    It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing...
    With my new hardware, Windows 11 and MP 1.32 the TV channel scan is not working anymore. The frequencies are scanned but no...
    Replies
    Views
    I have not seen that one but it is possible that after installing the 1.32 x86 version that I scanned and tested TV before installing the x64, but not sure it that would make any difference! I am currently testing an improved version but at this point it is still not clear how or when a fixed x64 version will be available.
    I have not seen that one but it is possible that after installing the 1.32 x86 version that I scanned and tested TV before...
    Windows 11 23h2 1) MP 1.32 Final x64 Fresh install does not work and fails during the install "MySQL Start Service Exception". The...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    Due to the recent update in FanartHandler and using dynamic paths for the ClearArt, ClearLogo and CDArt this is resolved without the need to update MovingPictures Cornerstone.MP.Extensions as FH no longer uses #selecteditem and instead uses #MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.title. At the moment MePo theme has these values but I plan to...
    Due to the recent update in FanartHandler and using dynamic paths for the ClearArt, ClearLogo and CDArt this is resolved without...
    There is an issue with missing #fanarthandler.movie.clearart.selected path value when MovingPictures loads a list of movies. When...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom