Winamp Visualisations. Finally :-) (1 Viewer)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    this s great hwahrmann well done, im sort of wondering now if this can some how be encorporated into my radio?, the reason i ask is it is running seperately to my music so it seems to use a different bit of code for the visualisation as it picks up the default wmp vis.

As BassFan stated above, this is theroratically possible.
    However currently the Visualisation support is strictly coupled with BASS being selected as the MusicPlayer. Need to find a way how to open it up for radio.

Also sorry to sound dumb but what exactly do you mean by the config button?

In Configuration.exe, where you select the Vis, you'll see now a button labeled "Cfg.", which is enabled only in case of a Winamp Vis selected.
    This opens up the Plugin specific Configuration window

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    btw, you should not only thank me for incorporating Winamp Support.

Big thanks goes to BassFan.
    He's the author of the bass_vis.dll.
    without his help and support, we would not be there where we are.

Even in nightshifts he produced special versions for MP, which allowed me to integrate it.

:D

B

BassFan

hwahrmann

As BassFan stated above, this is theroratically possible.
    However currently the Visualisation support is strictly coupled with BASS being selected as the MusicPlayer. Need to find a way how to open it up for radio.

this will not work with render over Device ?
    TV, Radio and other Sound with no stream.

you can init bass for all other Device TV, Radio and so on ..
    then use
    Code:
    BASS_WINAMPVIS_StartRecord(44100, 2);
    thats all.

greets BassFan

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Hey guys, I'm going to get a chance finally to play with this later. I tested on my laptop last night and had some issues, but this has a radeon 9000 mobility, so I deserved it I think :)

Can you say which of the configuration items apply? I tried changing things like texture size, fullscreen resolution etc and had strange results. I'm guessing that it runs in 'windowed' mode and hence desktop/fullscreen settings are ignored. However, changing the texture size resulted in Mediaportal hanging on entry.

Again, could be my setup, but I can run Milkdrop through mediamonkey on this laptop with stunning results and would love to emulate that in Mediaportal.

Thanks again for all your efforts.

xavier

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2004
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    in SVN 13860 (latest one), if you go to select the Milkdrop visualization, the configuration.exe exits, with no error message, and nothing in the logs.

I confirm. With SVN 13860 and Milkdrop 1.50bs, Configuration.exe exits.

xavier.

markysoft

Portal Member
    July 1, 2005
    I can't get this to work.

The visualisation displays OK in the client config, though it gives an error message when I click OK that seems to be related to plugins.

when I start mediaportal it launches a milkdrop window which takes up 100% of the CPU and causes mediaportal to hang.

I'm running latest SVN MediaPortal-svn--04-07-2007--01-03-Rev13879.exe

This happens on two different pcs.

B

BassFan

I can't get this to work.

The visualisation displays OK in the client config, though it gives an error message when I click OK that seems to be related to plugins.

when I start mediaportal it launches a milkdrop window which takes up 100% of the CPU and causes mediaportal to hang.

I'm running latest SVN MediaPortal-svn--04-07-2007--01-03-Rev13879.exe

This happens on two different pcs.

Please can you check this Archiv i will test if a problem with Bass_Vis or MP
    Copy any Winamp Plugins to the Folder Plugins load any *mp3 songs in the list
    and play

Thanks BassFan

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    That sounds to me like my results when I selected anything but the default texture settings.

yumcimil

Portal Member
    December 18, 2005
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've replaced the bass.dll & bass_vis.dll files in the mediaportal directory with these, and it's still having the same problem. (Running SVN 13879).

When I first configure milkdrop, it works fine, brings up the sample in the configuration screen, and lets me save the changes. I can then play music, and bring up the visualisation. However, the next time I go into the configuration.exe, as soon as I select the visualisations tab, it exits immediately. After that, I can't get it running again, without reinstalling SVN (I can't identify which file specifically, sorry).

The visualisation itself is working, although when it changes songs, it goes blank until I hit the fullscreen button on my remote again.

yumcimil

Portal Member
    December 18, 2005
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ignore the last comment about it going blank between song changes. Seems to be working after the last SVN refresh. Also, I haven't done any customisation of milkdrop (haven't clicked on the cfg button at all).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom