Winamp Visualisations. Finally :-) (1 Viewer)

B

BassFan

I've replaced the bass.dll & bass_vis.dll files in the mediaportal directory with these, and it's still having the same problem. (Running SVN 13879).

When I first configure milkdrop, it works fine, brings up the sample in the configuration screen, and lets me save the changes. I can then play music, and bring up the visualisation. However, the next time I go into the configuration.exe, as soon as I select the visualisations tab, it exits immediately. After that, I can't get it running again, without reinstalling SVN (I can't identify which file specifically, sorry).

The visualisation itself is working, although when it changes songs, it goes blank until I hit the fullscreen button on my remote again.

i have not say replaced any of files.
my question where work my sample with no MP or not
So that I can examine, comes problem from MP or BassVis

i can not show in to the source of MP only BassVis

Ok .. Forget it

markysoft

Portal Member
July 1, 2005
Please can you check this Archiv i will test if a problem with Bass_Vis or MP
Copy any Winamp Plugins to the Folder Plugins load any *mp3 songs in the list
and play

Thanks BassFan

thanks, got it working now. As someone else mentioned, if I go into config on mediaportal setup the next time I start mediaportal it launches a milkdrop window and freezes.

If I delete milkdrop_config.ini in the visualisations directory it works again.

Thanks for all the hard work, milkdrop is one of the things I miss the most from xbmc!

B

BassFan

thanks, got it working now. As someone else mentioned, if I go into config on mediaportal setup the next time I start mediaportal it launches a milkdrop window and freezes.

If I delete milkdrop_config.ini in the visualisations directory it works again.

Thanks for all the hard work, milkdrop is one of the things I miss the most from xbmc!

Ok .. then i thinks BassVis is OK only little probs with MP

Greets BassFan

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi again, I have been playing with this functionality on my main HTPC machine tonight, here's my thoughts:

- Touching the config for Milkdrop seems to cause Mediaportal to fail to start (as described before, funny pop up window appears during Mediaportal startup and hangs)

- Deleting the config helps fix the above, but you can no longer select the Visualisation tab in Configuration without crashing it (no error straight to desktop). To get back there I've had to edit Mediaportal.xml to 'None'.

- I have mentioned this before but never really got a resolution. Of the 3 machines I am running Mediaportal on, none of the visualisations react to music in the way that they do in other applications. Is it really just me? I have found that changing the output to 'Default Directsound Application' will show markedly different behaviour, but it is still never in sync with the music. I use the ASIO driver on the main HTPC and it seems that the visualisation is in it's own little world. Do I need to do anything for this to work?

As usual, thanks for all your efforts.

pierremenard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2006
    Verona (Italy)
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I can confirm the issue with configuration.
    Moreover, if enable dropmilk, mp will absorbe 70% of CPU when not playing a mp3 (even when doin' nothing).

F.

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    - I have mentioned this before but never really got a resolution. Of the 3 machines I am running Mediaportal on, none of the visualisations react to music in the way that they do in other applications. Is it really just me? I have found that changing the output to 'Default Directsound Application' will show markedly different behaviour, but it is still never in sync with the music. I use the ASIO driver on the main HTPC and it seems that the visualisation is in it's own little world. Do I need to do anything for this to work?

As usual, thanks for all your efforts.[/QUOTE]

i noticed this as well, to be honest i was just happy to have a nicer looking vis that wmp ones, but yes i didnt' really see it reacting to the audio , seemed more random

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    What version of Milkdrop are you using?
    I had the hangs with milkdropy a while ago, but with the latest build that should be solved.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I've been using the beta you attached earlier in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom