Winamp Visualisations. Finally :-) (1 Viewer)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    interesting works like a charm here.

If there's anything I can provide to you to help you fix it (if you wish to) just let me know.

Currently I have it running but it does not react to music, and if I want to stop using it I'm going to have to remove it manuallly from Mediaportal.xml.

I also cannot change any of the configuration settings without Mediaportal failing to restart, and lastly I also see high CPU usage EVERYWHERE in Mediaportal.

Not sure what else to say apart from I'm surprised this seems to be working for you. My laptop is also showing the same symtoms despite having totally different components.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Good point, I'll check out one of the others you recommended previously.

As for reacting to Music, I've pointed this out before I think, but it just is not reacting correctly, even with Alchemy. A quick test in WMP shows how Alchemy should behave.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Geiss wouldn't let me install without installing WinAmp, so I tried BeatHarness, which didn't appear to have any files I could use for Mediaportal. I then tried the basic 'Analyser' visualisation, and that shows a blank screen in Mediaportal.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    ok, yes i agree. Milkdrop can be a bitch. :)
    i crashed now config several times.
    It looks like, if you scroll to fast in the list, means you activate several plugins, this causes problems.

Instead of playing around with MilkDrop i would suggest an alternative for you.
    try TwistedPixel.
    It is compatible with Milkdrop, means it can run all *.milk files.
    Just grab the Winamp version and give it a try.
    Runs much more better than MilkDrop itself.

B

BassFan

Geiss wouldn't let me install without installing WinAmp, so I tried BeatHarness, which didn't appear to have any files I could use for Mediaportal. I then tried the basic 'Analyser' visualisation, and that shows a blank screen in Mediaportal.

create default folder under program files/winamp
    then create a textfile rename it to winamp.exe and install Geiss

greets

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I cleared out my visualisation directory, uninstalled G-Force, then downloaded Twisted Pixel for WinAmp.

I entered the config, selected Twisted Pixel from the menu, crashed to desktop.

Also tried removing the INI, rentered the config, selected Twisted Pixel from the menu, crashed to desktop (but created a new INI file).

I think that's all the testing I can do for today, thanks anyway.

EDIT: Just found some more things:

- If I select Alchemy first, I can select Twisted Pixel
    - Returning to configuration afterwards results in a crash if I navigate to the visualisation section (as before)
    - Starting Mediportal results in a separate popup window and Mediaportal not starting (as per Milkdrop)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    you're running latest svn?
    You are describing steps / problems, which i had during different development phases and which disappeared for me more than 2 weeks ago.
    i have G-Force, SoftSkies, Sonique Viz, WMP and Winamp Viz plugins and can switch between them without any problem at all.
    don't know what's going on at your system.

i'll grab now a public svn build myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom