Winamp Visualisations. Finally :-) (2 Viewers)

B

BassFan

hwahrmann

Habe mir den Source von MediaPortal geladen und dir mal ein Update über Mail geschickt.
Schau einfach mal ob es bei dir läuft.

Die Fullscreen Visualisierungen sind was langsam
müssen uns da was anderes einfallen lassen. ;)
Alles andere in der Mail

gruss BassFan

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Played around with the Mouse Cursor.
    Looks like there are some plugins, which turn it on automatically. I've tried TwistedPixel, Milkdrop, Geiss. They all turn on the Mouse Cursor.
    When you run for example AVS or Animator, the mouse only is displayed, if you really do a movement and disappears again after 3 seconds.
    like it should be.
    Seems there's not too much i can do about that.

B

BassFan

yes i thinks is ok with the cursor ;)

My system!
    ASUS A8N SLI Premium , AMD 64 4000+, Nvidea gforce 7800GTX

fast enough for Visualization.

1. Sonique to slow in Fake Fullscreen
    2. Winamp to slow in Fake Fullscreen

My Idea for Winamp!
    1. use only the Fullscreen if the Plugin him supported.
    do not ? then Idea 2.
    2. Change Screenresolution to 640x480 or 320x240
    then minimized MP or set Plugin Hwnd on TOPMOST

i thinks this is great for Sonique you not stretch the visWindow or move the VisWindow this has a effect Plugins show Blurred

Vis show in a minimal screenresolution this will remove many CPU Resources
    and Vis run fast.

When User have a ScreenResolution over 2000 Vis can not work !

ALL: USERS !!!
    Check it self ;)
    Move your ScreenResolution to 640x480 and all Plugins run ferry fast..
    More as this is critical ...

When hwahrmann change the resolution to 640 only when go fullscreen
    then all work fine.

Greets BassFan

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    FYI I reinstalled Mediaportal fresh this lunchtime. I get the exact same problems as my bug report, despite the visualisations working in their native environments.

It is a Mediaportal problem.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Have you tried running other Winamp plugings besides Milkdrop?
    I've seen you've tried TwistedPixel as well.

I just can't find any error anymore on my side.
    Tried averything and works very stable for me.

I'll look through the complete Config Process again.
    I'll probably popup a window of it's own with the vis, instead of showing it in the Vizwindow.
    maybe this will solve your issues.

I'm on a business trip starting from Sunday on and won't be able to do any svn updates, but i hope i can finish it until next Friday and when back., i'll do the update.

pierremenard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2006
    Verona (Italy)
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I just can't find any error anymore on my side.
    Tried averything and works very stable for me.

Since a couple of svns ago, sonique viz are too much sensible to volume. Sound spectrum, as example, is always at maximum in all frequencies (but other viz are the same). Is it possible to limit the volume that triggers vizs (I tried to lower system volume, but with no luck)?

F.

[edited]

I noticed a very different behaviour of vizs from track to track, even if the output volume is the same. Maybe the volume is taken by the vizs before applying audio compressor?

hotwired34

Portal Member
    August 28, 2006
    I cant get this to work. This is what I have done and please tell me if I am missing anything:

1. Installed the latest public release: 0.2.2.0
    2. I downloaded the vis_milk105beta6.1.dll available in a previous post.
    3. Put above mentioned .dll file as well as vms_desktop.dll, milk_img.ini and milk_msg.ini files from my Winamp Plugins directory in "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MusicPlayer\Plugins\" directory.
    4. Put all the *.Milk files into C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MusicPlayer\Plugins\MilkDrop directory

When I run the configuration.exe, when I go to select my visualisations, the only choice I have is Alchemy (Windows Media Player). What am I missing? Is there something that has to be done before I do this? Possably an install of something for the Bass player?

Please advise.

B

BassFan

I cant get this to work. This is what I have done and please tell me if I am missing anything:

1. Installed the latest public release: 0.2.2.0
    2. I downloaded the vis_milk105beta6.1.dll available in a previous post.
    3. Put above mentioned .dll file as well as vms_desktop.dll, milk_img.ini and milk_msg.ini files from my Winamp Plugins directory in "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MusicPlayer\Plugins\" directory.
    4. Put all the *.Milk files into C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MusicPlayer\Plugins\MilkDrop directory

When I run the configuration.exe, when I go to select my visualisations, the only choice I have is Alchemy (Windows Media Player). What am I missing? Is there something that has to be done before I do this? Possably an install of something for the Bass player?

Please advise.

when hwahrmann has nothing changed then
    put all Plugins to folder 'visualizations'

Sample..
    C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\musicplayer\plugins\visualizations\vis_milk105beta6.1.dll

Not what have kenwonders uses in Config.log
    C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\musicplayer\plugins\visualizations\MD\vis_milk105beta6.1.dll

Test 3
    - Edited Mediaportal.XML
    Edited from:
    <section name="musicvisualization">
    <entry name="name">MilkDrop 1.05 beta6.1</entry>
    <entry name="vizType">4</entry>
    <entry name="path">C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\musicplayer\plugins\visualizations\MD\vis_milk105beta6.1.dll</entry>

this will not work...
    vis_milk search for INI.File in 'visualizations' Folder not in 'visualizations\MD'
    Can not search recursive for INI Files OK ?

Winamp Plugins only work in Plugins Folder
    MediaPortal , Winamp Plugins only work in visualizations Folder

greets BassFan

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Sample..
    C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\musicplayer\plugins\visualizations\vis_milk105beta6.1.dll

Not what have kenwonders uses in Config.log
    C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\musicplayer\plugins\visualizations\MD\vis_milk105beta6.1.dll

Test 3
    - Edited Mediaportal.XML
    Edited from:
    <section name="musicvisualization">
    <entry name="name">MilkDrop 1.05 beta6.1</entry>
    <entry name="vizType">4</entry>
    <entry name="path">C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\musicplayer\plugins\visualizations\MD\vis_milk105beta6.1.dll</entry>

this will not work...
    vis_milk search for INI.File in 'visualizations' Folder not in 'visualizations\MD'
    Can not search recursive for INI Files OK ?

Winamp Plugins only work in Plugins Folder
    MediaPortal , Winamp Plugins only work in visualizations Folder

greets BassFan

How does vis_milk care where it is in relation to Mediaportal? As far as I can see the INI file is always created in the same directory as vis_milk. Go check out hwahrmans posts on page 2 of this thread where he shows his path to be:

c:\Program Files\Team Mediaportal\MusicPlayer\plugins\visualisations\WinAmp\MilkDrop\vis_milk

which according to your post wont work. I don't think this is the issue but I'm going to try it when I get a chance tomorrow.

Hwahrmann, yes I get the same results with TwistedPixel. If there's anything else I can provide to help resolve this then just let me know. I have some other theories as to what could be a valid difference between our setups:

Graphics card/drivers? (running geforce with 9371 drivers)
    DirectX? (running latest install from website)
    Bass_vis version? (something Bass_fan has mentioned, is it the same locally as SVN)
    Paths (as you can see Bass_fan suggests it has to be in a particular location)

Thanks as always for your time and efforts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom