Winamp Visualisations. Finally :-) (1 Viewer)

hotwired34

Portal Member
August 28, 2006
I still can not get this working. In a previous post I specified the steps that I took. Now, I went directly to the MilkDrop site and downloaded the install. Installed it to the c:\Program Files\Team Mediaportal\musicplayer\plugins\visualizations folder. Then I copied the vis_milk105beta6.1.dll into the folder.
I know that other visualizations work because I have copied Sonique plugins to the directory and they show up instantly.

I am completely stumped!

B

BassFan

I still can not get this working. In a previous post I specified the steps that I took. Now, I went directly to the MilkDrop site and downloaded the install. Installed it to the c:\Program Files\Team Mediaportal\musicplayer\plugins\visualizations folder. Then I copied the vis_milk105beta6.1.dll into the folder.
I know that other visualizations work because I have copied Sonique plugins to the directory and they show up instantly.

I am completely stumped!

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6125&d=1176478436

greets

mpfrank

Portal Pro
November 6, 2006
Cologne
Home Country
Germany Germany
When I'm using a winamp wiz, album cover art will not be displayed any more in album view and now playing. Only the viz is displayed. This happens with all skins I'm using (svn 20-04-2007)

Has anybody the same behaviour?
Is this fixed yet in a newer SVN?

Cheers
mpFrank

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    When I'm using a winamp wiz, album cover art will not be displayed any more in album view and now playing. Only the viz is displayed. This happens with all skins I'm using (svn 20-04-2007)

Has anybody the same behaviour?
    Is this fixed yet in a newer SVN?

Cheers
    mpFrank

This is the way it works.
    Winamp Visualisations render directly to the window, thus overlaying everything.
    The CoverArt is actually shown, behind the Vis, but you won't see it as it is overlayed.

hotwired34

Portal Member
    August 28, 2006

I am completely stumped!

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6125&d=1176478436

greets

:confused: Exactly...That's my point!! I have everything in that folder, just like the picture shows...however, still no MilkDrop!:mad:

mpfrank

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2006
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hwahrmann,

thanks for your response... better the winamp viz ar shown instead of the album cover ;-)

really great work, man!!!! I'm impressed!!

under some circumstances the winamp viz is getting frozen or stop (black screen). When stopping the song and starting again the viz continues normal operation. This happens not really often, every 2-3 hours listening music.
    Do you know about this yet?

I've seen that you are using Soundspectrum Softskys...
    I am registred G-Force Premium user and downloaded the trial version of softskys.
    Using the winamp viz of it within MP is not working.... It seems to be a sizing problem with the screen because in configuration.exe->music->visualization I can select it and can see the peview without any problem...
    The full version of softskys works under your configuration?

greets
    mpFrank

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    mpfrank,

well i try to use SoftSkies natively, via their API, which is what i'm doing with G-Force, but i'm still facing sometimes problems with MP crashing.
    Until i have solved that, i've disabled the display of it within MP config.
    still needs some work.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

I am completely stumped!

greets

:confused: Exactly...That's my point!! I have everything in that folder, just like the picture shows...however, still no MilkDrop!:mad:

you only need to have the milkdopr directory and the vis_milk*.dll.
    What anout other Winamp Plugins?
    Do they show up in config?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom