Windows 10 power options for sleep (1 Viewer)

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Tried that didnt work. Read a chap on ms help site he suggested that. I would do that under admin cmd yes?

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Yes by tge way i have upgraded dated? To windows 10 build 1709. The request over ride thing did not work because i think all of usb peripherals were Legacy.

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Did a proper re boot. All working well. Except i have enabled hibernation but it only goes to sleep. This Acer computer does have its own red button at the bottom of the desktop. It has a hibernation option but the windows power button bottom left does not.......

Ah, hold on, its done it. Gone to hibernation!

Need to set some test recordings.

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    I have set my computer to record just under an hour ahead. I then closed MP2. I remember with mp1 i could close it & as long as i was not doing anything it would go to sleep. So it should 3 minutes to sleep a further 3 minutes hibernate. In 20 minutes the hard disks close down. But it has woken up in the past from that state. Fingers crossed we shall see.

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    So back to square one I'm afraid:(

If all fails you can also try to override the driver request using the command powercfg -requestsoverride and defining the driver in question

I am including my energy report. Can anyone see what is the defining driver please?

Attachments

• energy-report (2).zip
      3.9 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So back to square one I'm afraid
    Which means? Is it not waking up or not entering standby? The latter can happen on some systems. You could use the PowerScheduler option to force standby when MediaPortal is going idle. However, this is not what you want to do on a machine that you are also using for other purposes.

Can anyone see what is the defining driver please?
    I can't.

While I can offer to take a look at you system in a Teamviewer session, I'd suggest to narrow things down by deactivating MP2 first. So stop the client, then stop the MP2 Server service in Windows services. If the energy issues continue it's then not because of MP2,

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    If i put it to sleep or hibernate it does i think wake up to record a schedule. But it does not go back to sleep.

Via task manager i have disabled all mp2 programmes. And it is in sleep!

What i might try is force powerscheduler to sleep the computer. But under processes i think i can have the option not to sleep the computer when mp2 client is not running (client means MP2 gui, yes?)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    client means MP2 gui, yes?
    Right.

But under processes i think i can have the option not to sleep the computer when mp2 client is not running
    In that case it will never go to sleep unless the client app is active.

If sleep is prevented while the MP2 Server service ist active, a common cause is EPG not being correctly configured and causing and endless cycle of EPG retrieval. So next thing to check would be to
    • activate MP2 Server service
    • Open the TV Configuration and deactivate EPG
    • Restart the MP2 Server service
    Test again.

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    I have done the above. 1 minute for screen deactivation 3 for standby. Set a recording for 1 hour away. I went in to the Tv config & on the big EPG under Radio Channels at the top unticked the left box that had something about grabbing epg when active, something like that.

Computer went to sleep:)

What i eventually want is hibernation.

No i have not changed setting in PS force windows to sleep. The setting is still windows recommended. I recommend adding a fingers crossed emoji

(n)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom