Operating System Windows 7 & half fullscreen (3 Viewers)

Berf

December 28, 2010
Found this thread after having the exact same issue as everyone here. For the folks blaming MediaPortal, I'm running GBPVR and have the exact same issue. In fact Firefox, Chrome, or just about any windows app gets re sized (even my bloody screen saver)!

I had Windows 7 running with onboard nVidia and never had the issue. Upgraded to a motherboard with an ATI HD4200 and started having the issue. At first I thought it had something to do with the fact I have a 720p LCD TV and the AVR I have supports 1080p so Windows thinks I have a 1080p Sony AVR monitor. I used PowerStripe to create a custom driver file with only 720p but that had no effect.

After reading this thread I've determined it's more than likely that:
Windows 7 monitor problem at Lemon Soju : Tokyo : Japan

I may try reverting back to Vista as many have noted it wasn't a problem there and since I only use the HTPC for movies and the occasional surfing, I don't care what OS is on it.

Anyway, thanks everyone who provided tips here. Hoping at least one of them works for me before re-installing Vista and there is no way I'm buying a $100 device to fix what is essentially a hiccup in the software!

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just a question for the devs: Why can't MP listen to changes in system resolution if it is in fullscreen mode and react to changes by adapting its surface?

nobru26

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2006
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello!

Having the same problem!
    But with seven and Intel I3 HD4500 graphic card, triyed to update driver, no way!
    Tried to pass video throught DVI instead og HDMI, same issue!

MP 1.1.2 (same 1.1.1) LCD SONY.
    Not this problems with old install with the same TV and XP.

When we would find a great solution?

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I may try reverting back to Vista as many have noted it wasn't a problem there and since I only use the HTPC for movies and the occasional surfing, I don't care what OS is on it.

Take care that many video and audio quality improvements are possible only on Windows7.

Simone

nobru26

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2006
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello!

VNC solution doesn't works for me, because when i turn off TV, nothing change on VNC, all was good, but the problem is when i turn on again when SEVEN detects the monitor, Mediaportal goes in the top left corner of my screen with a little resolution.

Is there a solution?

glsf91

Portal Member
    November 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello!

VNC solution doesn't works for me, because when i turn off TV, nothing change on VNC, all was good, but the problem is when i turn on again when SEVEN detects the monitor, Mediaportal goes in the top left corner of my screen with a little resolution.

Is there a solution?

Try workaroundof post #119 and/or #170. Works for me

nobru26

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2006
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello!

1: Problem, when i combine alt-enter, nothing good comes, only switch between windowed mode and full screen mode, but allways in low resolution top left corner.
    2: Many times, i have Mediaportal runnig in low resolution in top left corner of the screen but all the screen is black, hearing that menu is active when i move into, but no screen.

I'll try to modifiy a .inf to suppress the default resolution or change it to 1920*1980. But i think i'll need help.

Thanks

oh_noes

August 20, 2010
    Thanks for the all the info in this thread.

The VNC trick worked for me. Once I logged in it confirmed what this thread said and my original suspicions that the Monitor was sending or the HTPC was receiving the wrong EDID information. Catalyst shows "Default Monitor" and went back to 1024x768. Changing this to my Pana's 720p now have everything working perfectly.

Thanks Team MP!

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
    December 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Just a question for the devs: Why can't MP listen to changes in system resolution if it is in fullscreen mode and react to changes by adapting its surface?

This issue is annoying so many users
    but until now still no comments from a dev about this!? :(

I also made a similar suggestion here.

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    post #170 does ot work for me becasue MP is locked up when I switch back to it from regular TV. So I have no way to do this. This is killing me. MP is totally unusable at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom