Operating System Windows 7 & half fullscreen (6 Viewers)

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    How would that solve it?

Depending on drivers, DVI connection is different than HDMI but you loose sound.

Anyhow, I managed to solve this by using VNC when TV was off. I've instantly noticed that resolution is changed to 800x600.

Biggest resolution I could choose in Catalyst was 1680x1050. If I had HD display I could fix this instantly by setting resolution to 1280x720.

I had to change monitor preferences, "show unsupported display rates" or something like that. Then in catalyst I could finally see 1920x1080. Refresh rate was fixed in this case to 25 but it doesn't even matter for now. Windows don't size down anymore. :)

Tiggel

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Windows 7 & half fullscreen

For me it didn't work to turn off the tv..the resolution didn't change at all.. But when I unplugged the HDMI Connection I could see that the resolution changed to 800x600 maybe this could help you.

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Wasted many hours over the last 12 months trying to get this solved. Tried many solutions and nothing worked 100% of the time. Like many, I was not going to pay $100 for a hardware solution(HDMI Detective), so I wasted my time and energy.

last week I did spend the $100 on the Gefen HDMI Detective, and everything works absolutly flawless and it took me less then 3 minutes to achieve this. I should have done this a year ago!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom