Operating System Windows 7 & half fullscreen (1 Viewer)

jenklins

Portal Member
April 15, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I installed the Win7 SP1 update at the weekend and ever since haven't seen the problem. When I switch TV on, MP is full screen now.
Had hassle with 1.1.3 MP update, but that's another story!!
:)

What Hardware are you using?

kkozma

Portal Pro
February 16, 2009
Dayton, OH
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'll give this workaround a shot (well at least something similar) tonight and see if it works, but I'm not confident since I'm using an Intel Core i3 for graphics, not ATI/AMD.

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    SP1 is pro HTPC users it seems :)
    Windows 7 SP1 HDMI audio fix - AVForums.com

Improved HDMI audio device performance
    A small percentage of users have reported issues in which the connection between computers running Windows 7 and HDMI audio devices can be lost after system reboots. Updates have been incorporated into SP1 to ensure that connections between Windows 7 computers and HDMI audio devices are consistently maintained.

/gibman

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Windows 7 & half fullscreen

SP1 is pro HTPC users it seems :)
    Windows 7 SP1 HDMI audio fix - AVForums.com

Improved HDMI audio device performance
    A small percentage of users have reported issues in which the connection between computers running Windows 7 and HDMI audio devices can be lost after system reboots. Updates have been incorporated into SP1 to ensure that connections between Windows 7 computers and HDMI audio devices are consistently maintained.

/gibman

That's nice but what has this todo with the MP screen recovery problem?

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    In theory yes, because it's the same issue. It loses the connection and effectively resets the connection to the screen. If this keeps the connection alive then the screen resolution shouldn't then change.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Windows 7 & half fullscreen

But i don't use the audio device and it also happens when you turn your TV off and turn it later on and let the HTPC running - so at least this sitation can only be fixed by MP Devs. As this is not a Windows issue. For me the screen res. is correct but MP doesn't detect the 2nd screen change.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Windows 7 & half fullscreen

Mhm than we're talking about a different issues. My problem is that the screen res is correct but MP uses not the whole screen.

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    Yes, because Windows changes the screen resolution when it thinks an HDMI device has been disconnected. This causes MP to resize to match the new resolution. When you turn your amp or display back on it goes back to the old res but MP doesn't.

So it's a Windows problem for changing res, not MP.

thepahakurki

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2008
    Finland
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    It's not an MP issue though. It happens regardless of whether MP is running.

So it's a Windows problem for changing res, not MP.

:mad:

This half-full screen problem IS a Mediaportal problem and is fixable by fixing MP so that it detects the resolution change and scales back to the full screen...

Currently this can already be done manually by hitting "alt + enter" twice in a row... so MP first changes to windowed mode and then on the second press to fullscreen mode... But this is an ugly workaround and should be automatic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom