Operating System Windows 7 & half fullscreen (3 Viewers)

trunakte

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    OK, I have not read all 26 pages of this thread, but I did spend some SERIOUS time on this today and found a solution that worked for me. It is a regedit!!!!

in the reg, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration

Under there, I had three subtrees. this is where the control of what to do in certain instances are set. I found that I needed to change ALL entries under all subtrees to match what I wanted my hard coded resoultion to be set to.

under all the subtrees you will keep digging to find the following...
    PrimSurfSize.cx
    PrimSurfSize.cy
    ActiveSize.cx
    ActiveSize.cy

I set the .cx to 1920 and the .cy to 1080. Problem solved for me for now. The PrinSurfSize entries are under a "00" subtree, and the ActiveSize is under a "00" subtree UNDER the 00 subtree.

so you need to look in..
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration\xxx\00\00
    ("xxx" gets replaced by what ever entries are under the Configuration tree)

I hope this helps and is not a repost of info someone else put up. like I said, I didn't read the entire 26 pages, but did read a lot of it and did not see this yet.

It has worked for me. going to go to my in-laws house and set his settings tomorrow. keeping my fingers crossed.

I've always been using an HDMI detective to avoid this problem, but it required also an extra HDMI cable. Decided to try the above and it worked just great!

Thanks, and I can remove my HDMI detective from the link now!

This also worked for me, although I had about 10-12 subfolders to change.

+1, thank you for figuring out how to solve this one!

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    OK, I have not read all 26 pages of this thread, but I did spend some SERIOUS time on this today and found a solution that worked for me. It is a regedit!!!!

in the reg, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration

Under there, I had three subtrees. this is where the control of what to do in certain instances are set. I found that I needed to change ALL entries under all subtrees to match what I wanted my hard coded resoultion to be set to.

under all the subtrees you will keep digging to find the following...
    PrimSurfSize.cx
    PrimSurfSize.cy
    ActiveSize.cx
    ActiveSize.cy

I set the .cx to 1920 and the .cy to 1080. Problem solved for me for now. The PrinSurfSize entries are under a "00" subtree, and the ActiveSize is under a "00" subtree UNDER the 00 subtree.

so you need to look in..
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration\xxx\00\00
    ("xxx" gets replaced by what ever entries are under the Configuration tree)

I hope this helps and is not a repost of info someone else put up. like I said, I didn't read the entire 26 pages, but did read a lot of it and did not see this yet.

It has worked for me. going to go to my in-laws house and set his settings tomorrow. keeping my fingers crossed.
    So this works for everyone?

karl10247

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2011
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    ditto didnt work for me either

Im resorting to the restart mediaportal on resume option which adds about a minute to my "switch tv on" time :(

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just to add one thought. I always find that if I stop the mediaplayer and return to the Homescreen before switching the amp, I never get a problem with the system hanging.

karl10247

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2011
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hmmm I wonder if I can program that into the Logitech harmony for when I press the power button

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Hmmm I wonder if I can program that into the Logitech harmony for when I press the power button

I am sure you can. I programmed my all for one remote with the following:

• Stop
    • Stop
    • Home
    • Standby
    • Amp power
    • TV power
    The reason for the two stops is to make sure Live TV stops (the second stop is the same as selecting "yes" when asked if you want to stop live TV. Clearly the first 3 commands are wasted when you are using the same button to turn the system on again, but they only take about a second and a half extra, which I can live with (just).

Dydey

Portal Member
    March 8, 2008
    Wolverhampton
    Home Country
    nope, for it didn't worked ;)
    Nor me. It has changed the aspect ratio though. MePo is now full height but only 4:3 on a 16:9 screen as if I have missed a setting, but I've been through my registry three or four times and can't find any cx setting that is wrong.
    I've also resorted to the restart on resume option which lowered the "Wife Appreciation Factor" in our house o_O

--peter

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have found a solution that seems to work for me.
    Disconnect Hot Plug Detect (HPD) in the HDMI cable (pin 19) and connect it to +5V (pin 18) in the computer end.​
    I just opened the cable and cut HPD and connect to the 5V wire. In my cable HPD was light blue and +5V was red.​
    In DVI Hot Plug Detect is pin 16 and +5V is pin 14.​
    dsc_2735.jpg

Very interesting! I might try this. How did you determine which wires were associated to which pins though?

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

One crude way (assuming there is no standard colouring), is to use a fine needle and carefully pierce the insulation on each wire and buzz it out.

J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom