Operating System Windows 7 & half fullscreen (1 Viewer)

seppi2204

Portal Pro
December 8, 2010
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
Sorry to report a follow-up to my post on 15/03 - I still have the problem after Win7 SP1. It just took a few days to materialise. I would say it seems to happen less often than before but still not fixed.
I'm not clear on why it's ok sometimes and not others!

Yes it's really an annoying bug, regardless which software (MP or Win7) is producing this error. It would be nice if the team could get in on the bugtracker and fix it as fast as possible.

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Sorry to report a follow-up to my post on 15/03 - I still have the problem after Win7 SP1. It just took a few days to materialise. I would say it seems to happen less often than before but still not fixed.

Yes it's really an annoying bug, regardless which software (MP or Win7) is producing this error. It would be nice if the team could get in on the bugtracker and fix it as fast as possible.

Unfortunately we don't have access to Microsoft BugTracker...

Simone

seppi2204

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2010
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Unfortunately we don't have access to Microsoft BugTracker...

Simone

Thank you for your answer, Simone. But isn't it possible to develop a work-around? For example a checkbox in the config, which gives you the option to check mediaportal after resume if "windows resolution" = "mediaportal resolution" ?

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Chemelli, I don't think this is a microsoft issue. the OS comes back up to the correct resolution, but MP stays at the "old" resolution when switching back.

Well, not really an OS issue. it is an issue with MS, but there is also an issue with MP becasue of this.

My point being, since the OS re-calibrates back to the correct resolution, then MP should be able to do so as well.

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Chemelli > Why....What?!? I don't get it!

We still keep discussing who to blame M$ or Mepo, although MePo team has created a bug issue on the tracker.

Yes - maybe its a underlying M$ bug - But it still ends up being an issue in Mepo for the end users.

We don't even kow, if its ever gonna get fixed! M$ still havn't fixed BSOD yet :-P

And with more and more users getting HDMI connection - This issue is only going to getter bigger and bigger.

With MePo release getting more and more rare , it can takes months before the issue ends up in a new release (1.3? in 2012?!?).

Yes, there is temporary workarounds - But that definitey doesnoo help out on the End users experience and configuration of a new MePo installation.

Still hoping to see a forthcoming solution within MePo 1.2

/Morten

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    OK, I have not read all 26 pages of this thread, but I did spend some SERIOUS time on this today and found a solution that worked for me. It is a regedit!!!!

in the reg, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration

Under there, I had three subtrees. this is where the control of what to do in certain instances are set. I found that I needed to change ALL entries under all subtrees to match what I wanted my hard coded resoultion to be set to.

under all the subtrees you will keep digging to find the following...
    PrimSurfSize.cx
    PrimSurfSize.cy
    ActiveSize.cx
    ActiveSize.cy

I set the .cx to 1920 and the .cy to 1080. Problem solved for me for now. The PrinSurfSize entries are under a "00" subtree, and the ActiveSize is under a "00" subtree UNDER the 00 subtree.

so you need to look in..
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration\xxx\00\00
    ("xxx" gets replaced by what ever entries are under the Configuration tree)

I hope this helps and is not a repost of info someone else put up. like I said, I didn't read the entire 26 pages, but did read a lot of it and did not see this yet.

It has worked for me. going to go to my in-laws house and set his settings tomorrow. keeping my fingers crossed.

Arkard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Wow, it work's. Don't know why, but it really seems too (10/10 Times). Great.

I noted that some entries were already 1920/1080 and there are some 01 Folders which I left unchanged.

:D

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    Cool, I didn't have anything but the 00 folders, but depending on hardware, you may have different stuff. Also, I think you will have more entries if you are running a dual monitor setup.

Arkard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Evil news. After some normal using I realised that the Problem still exists in a way:(
    After waking up I have sometimes a bar of desktop on the right or bottom. MP still freezes to.

Changing the 01 entries had no result.

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Arkard & Mlburgoon > You keep discussing "workarounds" to this issue.

Several workarounds has already been posted at some of the first pages - I posted a "remote desktop" solution several pages ago - And it works 100%

But yet again - This is a workaround/Tweak or in other terms - Another scratch to the "Out-of-box" working Mediaportal!

We're still awaiting a central solution - Either Microsoft, ATI/NVIDIA or Mediaportal development team.

I don't think the community in general care who fixes the "but" - Just it works correctly and "Out-of-the-box".

Newest teaser for MePo 1.2 do proclaim better Stability of the product - Unless you use HDMI and Standby.

I'll stop bitching for now :) Developers are still doing a great job

/Morten

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom