Operating System Windows 7 & half fullscreen (2 Viewers)

serverhack

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    No, there's no screensaver. I have changed some energy options in the high availability plan and testing...

So no change, screen at half after some minutes. The time is not exactly the same always, but it's around 30 minutes. The only thing I found out is tha InfoService Plugin refreshes the feeds and Twitter every 20 and 30 minutes repectively, I have disabled it but I think that's not the problem.

Any help?

:D

It seems that the problem is solved disabling the InforService Plugin; every time twitter or feeds plugin refreshes the screen became smaller. I don't know why this occurs, but it occurs, I'll try to investigate a little in the plugin forum, if it exists ;D

Regards

lanceuppercu

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2008
    London
    wow, i wish i'd found this thread much much earlier, after lots of hassle switching from xp to 7 home premium and now back to xp!

i was going nuts trying to figure out why my MP would go quarter screen when switching the amp on/off (revo r3610->amp->tv, via hdmi) and went back to xp, cant justify that hdmi detective when xp does the same job without the need to purchase an extra thing! at least with xp i know i can switch the amp on/off or the tv on/off whilst its playing and it wont crash, 7 doesnt even let me do that in the menus :/

think i may stick with xp, i've read stuff about removing pins on vga/dvi cables to bypass windows 7 monitor detection "feature" but with hdmi, its a no-no.

lanceuppercu

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2008
    London
    Maybe the possible solution should be edited into the first post.

oh you've got to be kidding me! :)

does this work with hdmi cables and switching my av receiver on/off? i'd prefer 7 but if i cant switch the receiver and/or tv off when needed, its of no use to me.

edit: seems its not compatible unless the hdmi cable is plugged directly into my tv, which its not. ah well, time to subscribe to this thread in the hopes someone can do something similar for people with receivers!

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

oh you've got to be kidding me! :)

does this work with hdmi cables and switching my av receiver on/off? i'd prefer 7 but if i cant switch the receiver and/or tv off when needed, its of no use to me.
    Well, this whole issue happens when Windows detects that the HDMI device got disconnected. How this happens doesn't matter. In your case it gets disconnected, because you switch the receiver off. In other people's cases it's when they switch their TV off or into standby for example . It doesn't happen with every TV though, apparently some TVs keep the HDMI connection "active" (whatever that actually means) when in standby.

I haven't tried this fix myself yet, but I know that it happens with a friend's TV. I can only test it once I set up his HTPC at his place again.

lanceuppercu

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2008
    London
    Well, this whole issue happens when Windows detects that the HDMI device got disconnected. How this happens doesn't matter. In your case it gets disconnected, because you switch the receiver off. In other people's cases it's when they switch their TV off or into standby for example . It doesn't happen with every TV though, apparently some TVs keep the HDMI connection "active" (whatever that actually means) when in standby.

I haven't tried this fix myself yet, but I know that it happens with a friend's TV. I can only test it once I set up his HTPC at his place again.

cheers.

however i will wait till next week to try this, am setting up a SSD for my housemate's htpc which is the same as mine (acer r3610) so i need to install windows for him anyway, whilst im setting it up for him its going to be plugged into my receiver/tv anyway so will use that as a guinea pig machine :)

i'll go absolutely spare if i have to reinstall windows again on it this week!! i have the routine sorted out nicely, its the databases take a lifetime to download all the info :)

am really hoping it works as i preferred 7 and looks a lot slicker for a htpc but also TRIM support for the SSD will be nice.

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Another possible solution to try is the VNC trick described on page 21 of this thread. It worked for me.
    Yes, but is that something you have to do just once? Also you should always link to the post directly and not say on which page it is. The page number depends on your individual posts per page setting and thus is not necessarily the same for each user ;)

lanceuppercu

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2008
    London

Another possible solution to try is the VNC trick described on page 21 of this thread. It worked for me.

not having seen the solution but VNC'ing somewhere isnt a solution for me, i dont want to have to get onto another machine to click on something to fix it my htpc. i know you're only trying to help (and this is nothing against you) but personally for me, its not the solution/workaround im looking for.

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

not having seen the solution but VNC'ing somewhere isnt a solution for me, i dont want to have to get onto another machine to click on something to fix it my htpc. i know you're only trying to help (and this is nothing against you) but personally for me, its not the solution/workaround im looking for.
    No I think you only have to do it once, that's why I asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom