Operating System Windows 7 & half fullscreen (2 Viewers)

thepahakurki

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2008
    Finland
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I hope this helps you fellow HTPC enthusiasts! :D

ATI GUIDE FOR WINDOWS 7 HALF-FULL SCREEN PROBLEM

1. Turn off your HDMI-receiver/TV/projector
    2. VNC to your HTPC (I use RealVNC)
    3. Right click on desktop
    4. Select "Screen resolution"
    5. Click "Advanced settings"
    6. Click "Monitor"-tab and then unselect option "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display". Then click OK and OK
    7. Open Ati CCC by right clicking on desktop
    8. In desktop properties page, choose 1280x720 resolution, click "Apply" and select "Yes" to the prompt that appears
    9. Close Ati CCC
    10. Open CCC again, choose 30hz interlaced, and now you can select 1920x1080 as the resolution.

Tested and works on Catalyst version 10.10e and 11.5

Note when you turn on your HDMI-receiver/TV/projector, Windows automatically changes to 1080p60 so don't worry about that 30hz interlaced I mentioned earlier)

Thanks goes to Chluz for this method (see this post)

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

6. Click "Monitor"-tab and then unselect option "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display". Then click OK and OK
    8. In desktop properties page, choose 1280x720 resolution, click "Apply" and select "Yes" to the prompt that appears
    9. Close Ati CCC
    10. Open CCC again, choose 30hz interlaced, and now you can select 1920x1080 as the resolution.

Note when you turn on your HDMI-receiver/TV/projector, Windows automatically changes to 1080p60 so don't worry about that 30hz interlaced I mentioned earlier)

You rock dude. This works perfectly. Now, I no longer have to resort to restarting MePo when coming out of a resume.:D

munklefish

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2006

9. Close Ati CCC

You rock dude. This works perfectly. Now, I no longer have to resort to restarting MePo when coming out of a resume.:D

Sadly, if i change channel on my tv and then come back to the MP input, i just get a frozen frame on screen whilst the audio runs normal. Only option is to ctrl alt del and relaunch MP.

fiveolddogs

August 1, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Thanks for the guide. Could you explain why these two particular resolutions are chosen? What does the 1280x720 represent?

The closest I have come to success is using the registry setting solution posted earlier in this thread. I run my HTPC at 1360x768, so I changed all the resolutions in the registry to that resolution. Now when I switch to the HTPC, MP fills the screen horizontally, but only about two thirds of the screen vertically. It looks like Windows is switching to something like 1360x1024 when the S3 signal is sent.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Could you explain why these two particular resolutions are chosen? What does the 1280x720 represent?

This seems similar to a solution I posted back on post 222 of this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/722763-post222.html

For me, selecting the maximum resolution available (even if 1080x1920 isn't listed), then clicking OK, then going back into CCC then provides a further list of resoltions which were not previously available which then allows you to select 1080x1920.

Robbo100

thepahakurki

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2008
    Finland
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Could you explain why these two particular resolutions are chosen? What does the 1280x720 represent?

This seems similar to a solution I posted back on post 222 of this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/722763-post222.html

For me, selecting the maximum resolution available (even if 1080x1920 isn't listed), then clicking OK, then going back into CCC then provides a further list of resoltions which were not previously available which then allows you to select 1080x1920.

Robbo100

Exactly. 1080p won't show up on the list until you've selected 720p, closed CCC and opened CCC again. :D
    I'm not 100% sure if it has to 720p but at least this way it works!

jacc1234

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2008
    Just wanted to say im having the same problem. I though it was only me for some reason lol!

Im going to give the fix a try, thanks a bunch!

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I'm also starting to see another issue here when returning from hiberate:

2011-09-14 20:42:26.746851 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: D3D: Exception: This sample cannot run in a desktop
    window with the current display settings.
    Please change your desktop settings to a
    16- or 32-bit display mode and re-run this
    sample. MediaPortal at MediaPortal.D3DApp.ChooseInitialSettings()
    at MediaPortal.D3DApp.CreateGraphicsSample()

I think it might be related. Mediaportal should just be restarted to work. hmmm :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom