[fixed] Windows 7 Master Volume Control (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
When I used mediaportal 1.1 rc1 volume control was fine, now that I'm using rc2 I can't control volume settings, why?
I made a clean installation of rc2...

Could you please be more specific?

How can I be more specific? With rc1 volume was fine, with rc2 volume can't be controlled with the remote.

In the configuration settings i have this string under volume settings:
"Due to different OS behaviours, not all options were available".

I'm under windows 7 64-bit, I tried to set the compatibility mode but nothing to do.
And with rc1 I didn't have this trouble...

Perhaps you should post some logging?

There is only 1 setting possible in W7, wave, and that one should be selected.

smurf

Portal Member
April 12, 2009
I don't have a log but a screenshot!
Where can I find a useful log for you?

Attachments

• audio.png
    audio.png
    63.8 KB

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

What is exactly your problem?

1. Does volume control on your remote not work
or
2. Is the problem you can't select another option?

If it is 2: This is by design, Windows 7 does not allow applications to control the master volume, only application or wave.

smurf

Portal Member
April 12, 2009

or

If it is 2: This is by design, Windows 7 does not allow applications to control the master volume, only application or wave.

My problem is that inside mediaportal I can't change the volume with my remote controller (official windows MCE remote).
Inside windows, example using media player, remote controller works with volume.
And the strange thing is that with RC1 I didn't have this problem and I could manage every option of volume controls, including manage volume master, so it is possible!

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

or

My problem is that inside mediaportal I can't change the volume with my remote controller (official windows MCE remote).
Inside windows, example using media player, remote controller works with volume.
And the strange thing is that with RC1 I didn't have this problem and I could manage every option of volume controls, including manage volume master, so it is possible!

Ok, very clear, then please post the MP client logs. Also, do you get the OSD for the volume control?

smurf

Portal Member
April 12, 2009
Yes, I get the OSD volume control. Witch log do you need? I don't have errors in "error.log"

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Yes, I get the OSD volume control. Witch log do you need? I don't have errors in "error.log"

Please post all. I am not saying that there is actually some thing in the log or that we can fix it, but we can atleast try :)

You can use the MP logs collector to do it easily.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    smurf

Open mediaportal, use the alt-enter to goto windowed mode, select something to play, now check the speaker icon in system tray and see what the status of mediaportal is shown inside the mixer, if not at full volume then raise to maximum, if it is muted, then unmute.

Does the above make any difference

Also you are not using spdif, as this needs to be controlled from the receiver, if its a full mce remote you need to reprogram from the receiver remote to the mce volume key, if you haver lost instructions how to do this, will post the MCE remote manual.

smurf

Portal Member
    April 12, 2009
    I didn't understand well your reply (i'm not english) but I can show you these screeshots.

As you see I have volume keys mapped as standard and mediaportal volume is on my mixer.
    But, I repeat, I didn't have this trouble with rc1... so something is wrong with this release. I hope it will be fixed on rc3 (that could be posted soon I hope).

riksmith: log collector gives me an error and I can't use that...

EDIT: I solved my trouble alone: I don't know why but i had set compatibility mode of mediaportal exe to xp sp2. Non I turn off the compatibility and all run well!!! Thanks for your support!

Attachments

• volume.png
      volume.png
      51.6 KB
    • layer.png
      layer.png
      57.5 KB

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    EDIT: I solved my trouble alone: I don't know why but i had set compatibility mode of mediaportal exe to xp sp2. Non I turn off the compatibility and all run well!!! Thanks for your support!

OK, just wondering why the "run under xp compatibility mode" was used, as I along with quite a few other team members also have Win7\64 OS running without any major issues.

Might help resolve someone else's problem.

Thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom