Windows 7 Support (1 Viewer)

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks to you both for the tips and suggestions on how to resolve the issues with my Vista MCE remote and W 7 - I might be tempted to wait now until th efinal release of W7 as that will be soon.

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    sorry if this is an obvious question but I have just installed W 7 x64 and all seems well with my MCE remote but WMC insists on loading each time the green button is presed. Could anyone help please on how to prevent that from happening..?

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    sorry if this is an obvious question but I have just installed W 7 x64 and all seems well with my MCE remote but WMC insists on loading each time the green button is presed. Could anyone help please on how to prevent that from happening..?

i used this and worked perfectly...

Disable in dos screen (or batch file):
    reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsMediaCente r /v MediaCenter /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

Enable again:
    reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsMediaCente r /v MediaCenter /f

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country

reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsMediaCente r /v MediaCenter /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

Enable again:
    reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsMediaCente r /v MediaCenter /f

Thanks for the very quick response with your help :)
    However is there a sytax problem with the first command as I get an error when I try and use it via a dos command..?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Enable again:

However is there a sytax problem with the first command as I get an error when I try and use it via a dos command..?

Just get rid of the wrong "space" in \WindowsMediaCente r\ and it will work.
    Code:
    reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsMediaCenter /v MediaCenter /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
    btw. we will use that policy (as config option mostlikely) in 1.1.0 RC1

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

Enable again:

correct.

las r in WindowsMediaCenter is a space apart.

try this...

reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsMediaCenter /v MediaCenter /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

mmm...seems that after posting the line, the forum adds a space. just copy it and remove the space

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Just get rid of the wrong "space" in \WindowsMediaCente r\ and it will work.
    Code:
    btw. we will use that policy (as config option mostlikely) in 1.1.0 RC1

hi iloop, i agree on using it, its a very easy and effective fix for the issue.

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    mmm - Vimes goes back to hiding under a stone at not being able to see that "space". Hangs head in shame and then wonders why (even though the above has stopped WMC from working) that MP Tray can no longer launch MP as it used to do in Vista.?!
    MP Tray is runing as a process.

Thanks for your help with the WMC issue :)

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    mmm - Vimes goes back to hiding under a stone at not being able to see that "space". Hangs head in shame and then wonders why (even though the above has stopped WMC from working) that MP Tray can no longer launch MP as it used to do in Vista.?!
    MP Tray is runing as a process.

Thanks for your help with the WMC issue :)

mptray does not work with win7, i havent had time to look into it, but i dont know if there is a fix available ( i think there isnt yet)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom