Windows 7 Support (1 Viewer)

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi, Im using Windows 7 x64 and tried the IR Server Suite but still get very limited remote controll :(

Any suggestions?

what remote do you have?
    i have logitech harmonie setup as a windows media center remote, i have full remote access.
    evry things works, and im on win 7 to..

by the way under MP Config/Remote. DONT! click the [X] use microsoft remote bla bal
    just install the ir suite and test the remote, i funt the only thing i had to change was a back bottonthat was mapped bad..

metropolis

Portal Pro
    June 1, 2007
    Orpington
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, yep, working now on win 7 x64, full working mce remote :)
    I had the standard MCE remote enabled, so i dissabled that and re-sinstalled the ir suite and all works fine now :)

Anyone got the green button working, to launch MP?

bry909

May 5, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have upgraded my Media centre PC from Vista Ultimate to Windows 7 beta because the of great updates to the Media Centre component - if you haven't had a look at this, or better still tried it, then i suggest you have a go.

For me Windows 7 Media Centre now includes full support for my Hauppauge Nova-HD-S2 satellite card, with native support for BBC HD & ITV HD out of the box, plus a fully working EPG - no messing around.

The only problem i have come across is that most of the keys on my Microsoft MCE remote control (except for the OK and arrow keys) have stopped working in MediaPortal v1.0. They all work perfectly in Windows 7 Media Centre, so it looks like Windows 7 is somehow stopping these keys getting through to MediaPortal !!

Anyone else noticed this ???:(
    I came here to post\ask the same thing. I've recently upgraded from XP Pro to Win7 7077 to Win7 7100 and have the exact same problem with the MCE remote's buttons (stop, pause, play, etc.) not functioning. As you said, only the arrows and enter (OK) are working. I've tried re-mapping them, killing Win MC via reg hack and disabling the services - all to no avail. Has anyone found a fix for this?

I'm going to try the MCE Remote Replacement Driver & Plugin tonight and will let you know how it goes.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi bry909!

I'm going to try the MCE Remote Replacement Driver & Plugin tonight and will let you know how it goes.

Don't do this! Only install the IR Server Suite (don't configure it, only install and reboot) and all is working fine!

Best regards

Helios

[Edit] Forgotten: Untick the MCE Remote in MP Konfig -> Remote!

DaiC1

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2007
    Neath
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Hi bry909!

Don't do this! Only install the IR Server Suite (don't configure it, only install and reboot) and all is working fine!

Best regards

Helios

[Edit] Forgotten: Untick the MCE Remote in MP Konfig -> Remote!

I got the same problem Win 7 RC1, how did you fix it again "being a bit thick today":oops:

{Fresh install of Win7 RC1 , MP and SAF codec pack all working great, seems a bit quicker than Vista}

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    For some strange reason, now it sems you have to do the other way arount..

"under MP Config/Remote. DONT! click the [X] use microsoft remote bla bal
    just install the ir suite and test the remote, i funt the only thing i had to change was a back bottonthat was mapped bad.."

if it dos not work whit the X and remove the X
    then it will work..
    You dont need the replasment driver stuff..!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom