Windows 8.1 mediaportal 1.10 issues after latest windows update (1 Viewer)

mascot

Portal Pro
November 20, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
My setup has started crashing alot unexpectedly after windows did alot of update to 8.1 lately (atleast that's what it seems).

See logs...

mascot

Portal Pro
November 20, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
No difference unfortunately. I tried upgrading to 1.11 prerelease and then back to 1.10 and I also tried reinstalling 1.10 final without success. Sometimes it crashes right after loading home screen, sometimes when going into mptvseries or movingpictures...

Also, I'm having problems with windows update, the three latest (important) updates can't be made. Sometimes PC crashes (turns off) completely so I'm afraid It's not even mediaportal related... :(

mrj

Portal Pro
January 27, 2012
Hi
In MediaPortal-Error.log you see this

[2015-03-16 15:57:41,951] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - En post med samma nyckel har redan lagts till.
[2015-03-16 15:57:41,958] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - vid System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

Also there are problems with the SQLite database

And I found this in MediaPortal-Error.2.log

vid MusicInfoHandlerGUI.ArtistThumbScraper.GetAlbumDetails() Message: Ett undantagsfel av typen System.OutOfMemoryException inträffade.

Looks like you ran out of memory
/mrj

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    No difference unfortunately. I tried upgrading to 1.11 prerelease and then back to 1.10 and I also tried reinstalling 1.10 final without success. Sometimes it crashes right after loading home screen, sometimes when going into mptvseries or movingpictures...

Also, I'm having problems with windows update, the three latest (important) updates can't be made. Sometimes PC crashes (turns off) completely so I'm afraid It's not even mediaportal related... :(

Please move your sqllite databases from c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\ and start MP.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/Troubleshooting/Repair_SQLite_Database
    [2015-03-16 15:57:44,239] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database: TVSeriesDatabase4.db3
    [2015-03-16 15:57:44,242] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database:
    [2015-03-16 15:57:44,245] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database:
    [2015-03-16 15:57:44,248] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database:
    [2015-03-16 15:57:44,251] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database:
    [2015-03-16 15:57:44,254] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database:
    [2015-03-16 15:57:44,257] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database:
    [2015-03-16 15:57:44,259] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database:
    [2015-03-16 15:57:44,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database:
    [2015-03-16 15:57:44,264] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database:

mascot

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Took out all the databases of the database folder and made a full rescan of all my tv-series and movies folders and now it works fine. Now, I just have to go through all my watched flags (500+ movies and 50+ series) again... for the third time in a month.

Any ways to prevent the database from breaking apart? :(

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The link I posted gives instructions for repairing the database. Did you try that? Could have saved you time...

mascot

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Actually I allready deleted my database and rescanned it. Everything seems to work fine now, but Ill keep in mind the way to repair the database if it happens in the future. Thank you so much for all the help. Mediaportal and this forum/support rocks!

mascot

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Now, I added three new movies into a folder and moving pictures is only adding two of them. No new movies found in imoport.. how can I solve this? it happens now and then...

Users who are viewing this thread